Blower motor hatch options??? >

Blower motor hatch options???

Notices

Blower motor hatch options???

Old 07-13-2007, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower motor hatch options???

I keep looking at Ywaits cig, wondering why it wont sell. I know my wife would never think of having a boat without some form of a sunpad. My question is what can be done to that hatch, or a replacement that has room for the engines, but still retains some padded surface? Is that even possible?

Corey
Old 07-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Registered

Corey, The only thing you can really do is install a regular style hatch/sun pad with blower scoops cut out. This would not totally solve wife's issues, but kinda somewhat of a compromise

I have the raised solid fiberglass blower hatches on mine so I can (or should I say my wife) relate.

Chris
Old 07-13-2007, 11:41 PM
Registered

This is kinda the idea. Not sure exact measurements and how it would lay out on that rig, but anyway ...
Attached Thumbnails Blower motor hatch options???-17323_7.jpg  
Old 07-13-2007, 11:58 PM
Registered

Received 3,239 Likes on 1,049 Posts

Originally Posted by NJgr8ful
This is kinda the idea. Not sure exact measurements and how it would lay out on that rig, but anyway ...
That would not work....Those motors in Ywaits boat are connected to trannies and sit way high.....That pic is from a Tiger.....Those scoops weren't used on big HP tigers, only n/a motors.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:35 AM
Registered

Knew that was a Tiger just thought that 'idea' might be an option, but if they're too high maybe it's not.

Any other ideas or options for Corey? I know you would just leave well enuf alone Tank, but .....
Old 07-14-2007, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 98 TG with Blown/Intercooled motors, Bravo. Here is a blurry pic of the hatch. This set up gives you access to the rear cleats/ through the center you can get in/out of the water, and there is aprox. 2' of pad in front. The scoops are glassed in with pad all around except the rear.
I've had the glass blower hatch, this is much better in my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails Blower motor hatch options???-98-tg.jpg  
Old 07-14-2007, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hawkmeister38
I have a 98 TG with Blown/Intercooled motors, Bravo. Here is a blurry pic of the hatch. This set up gives you access to the rear cleats/ through the center you can get in/out of the water, and there is aprox. 2' of pad in front. The scoops are glassed in with pad all around except the rear.
That's pretty much the way mine's configured also. Pro-stock style scoops molded to the engine hatch and it leaves a decent amount of room in between and to the front as you said.
Attached Thumbnails Blower motor hatch options???-loto-dock-hatch-up.jpg  
Old 07-14-2007, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 3,239 Likes on 1,049 Posts

Originally Posted by NJgr8ful
Knew that was a Tiger just thought that 'idea' might be an option, but if they're too high maybe it's not.

Any other ideas or options for Corey? I know you would just leave well enuf alone Tank, but .....
True.....I would just let her lay out on the bow when we're stopped!

But another idea would be to just pad the whole top of that hatch on Ywaits Cig. I've seen it done on older Cigs and Apaches.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hawkmeister38
Now I might could get away with something like that. I'm afraid to ask what the cost of doing this would be

I assume it would mean start from scratch?

Thanks for the help!

Corey
Old 07-14-2007, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lonestar382
I assume it would mean start from scratch?
Corey
Nope you use the standard hatch glass in the scoops and redo the sunpad. If you use automotive hatches adding some fiberglass to the inside will strengthen them and keep someone from crushing it when they step on it. and they will

Also you should cut some holes or a slot in the back of the scoop to let the air out. Those scoops and feed a bunch of air and it can go up the inside of the hull and damage the cabin vinyl.

Here is what RWD looked like with big intercoolers and transmissions.
Attached Thumbnails Blower motor hatch options???-rwd.jpg  

Last edited by Von Bongo; 07-14-2007 at 10:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Blower motor hatch options???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.