Omerta one - how was the test drive last wed

Notices

Omerta one - how was the test drive last wed

Old 09-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by offshore whore

Pretty impressive to be able to blow by a 47 Apache with triple 1200hp Chief Turbos that goes 114mph and weighs 22,000lbs.
I doubt that a triple 1200 hp boat with turbos runs 114 consistently. Not putting the boat down, but with that kind of power, you cannot expect it to run 114 every day of the week .

Last edited by pm203; 09-06-2007 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice looking ride, congratulations.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:13 PM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

Originally Posted by pm203
I doubt that a triple 1200 hp boat with turbos runs 114 consistently. Not putting the boat down, but with that kind of power, you cannot expect it to run 114 every day of the week .
Trust me bro the boat does 114. Ask anyone in the Apache forums. The motors have 150hrs on them and it's still going 111mph. Tommy's turbos are like no other!! Me and Naughty Kitty went for a ride with Tommy last year in Key West and were running 105 at maybe 5000 rpms and on 93oct.

I am not bashing the new Cig at all. It is a sick ride!! Wish I had one but talk about the boat and it's ride and not that you beat up on other boats especially a 47 Apache and in 4 to 5s.

And I think we all know what would happen if he really wanted to play!!!!

Again Congrats on the new ride!! It's one of my favorite paint jobs this year!! Let us know what you top at!! MPH that is.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one
Great Darren, looking forward to meeting you! Are you keeping the boat down for the winter?
If we do it will be in Marco Island but we haven't decided yet.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Trust me bro the boat does 114. Ask anyone in the Apache forums. The motors have 150hrs on them and it's still going 111mph. Tommy's turbos are like no other!! Me and Naughty Kitty went for a ride with Tommy last year in Key West and were running 105 at maybe 5000 rpms and on 93oct.

I am not bashing the new Cig at all. It is a sick ride!! Wish I had one but talk about the boat and it's ride and not that you beat up on other boats especially a 47 Apache and in 4 to 5s.

Again Congrats on the new ride!! It's one of my favorite paint jobs this year!! Let us know what you top at!! MPH that is.

I wasn't doubting the speed at all. What I was trying to say is that some of these exotic/ big powered boats run better on some days than others and their speed may vary depending on how good or bad they are running that particular day.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:59 PM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

I wasn't doubting the speed at all. What I was trying to say is that some of these exotic/ big powered boats run better on some days than others and their speed may vary depending on how good or bad they are running that particular day.
That's every boat!!
Old 09-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the kind comments on the paint. It really shows up close as there is a lot of ghosting in the blue.

I referenced the Apache in an effort to describe the mid-range acceleration on the Cig. not to insult the other boat; the description of events is accurate; it would serve no purpose otherwise. All I can say is that we didn't run very far before he backed off and the separation was significant. Also consider who was driving the Cig; as Phil would say "It may go 111...but not today". As for me, it will be a long time (maybe never) before I could drive like that.

The Cig ran 103-104 in the bay.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yep, that was me. Where were you?
by governers in my buddys rr
Old 09-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by WHOSNEXT
by governers in my buddys rr
We cruised with a rr for a little while on Sunday. We had my boat, a Top Gun and the Rider heading to Braun bay (3 across) when we had to slow down due to the marine patrol cutting across our path. Almost looked like a brochure shoot there for a while.

Last edited by pm203; 09-06-2007 at 09:11 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by omerta one
Yes, heading to Miami Friday Nov. 2 and then doing the Thursday run to Key West...you?

Anyone else going this year?
I'm in for the Thursday departure as well along with another buddy with his new 38. See you there!

Quick Reply: Omerta one - how was the test drive last wed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.