Anyone seen this Bullet? >

Anyone seen this Bullet?

Notices

Anyone seen this Bullet?

Old 12-23-2007, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Anyone seen this Bullet?

Raymond's at LOTO has this Bullet listed. Has anyone here taken a good look at it? A buddy is in the market and does not mind mild power. What do you Bullet guys think it's worth in this condition?

http://www.raymondsboats.com/8268.htm
Old 12-23-2007, 06:43 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have seen it for sale, but not first hand. Price seems good with the trailer. With a survey and sea trial I'd go for it.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Registered

I looked at it about 4 months ago. It is pretty much as the text in the ad states. Although the upholstery work in the cockpit will definitely require some carpentry skills. There was one that was right around the corner from this one that went to oso member Residual Image that they were asking the same thing for. There are pics of his here http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...=171098&page=3

I looked at both of them the same day and Residual Image probably got the deal of the decade for a Bullet. That boat was spotless.

If that boat went for 40k, this boat should be worth between 20 and 25. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"I looked at it about 4 months ago. It is pretty much as the text in the ad states. Although the upholstery work in the cockpit will definitely require some carpentry skills"
I can assure you the entire rear seat base will be toast. The engine hatch frame will be compost. The bolsters will be rotten balsa in the rear lower edges. The steering/gimbal housings will need attention as well. I would lean towards the high teens low 20's. Not to mention transportation.

Kurt, there is one in CT without a trailer. Perhaps someone has a link to it. As I recall it needed some "attention".
Old 12-24-2007, 05:47 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks for the heads up guys!
Old 12-24-2007, 07:43 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Sorry guys, I have to disagree. If the engines and drives are in good shape, and it's a running project boat, then it should be worth more than 20K. If you take off 5K for the trailer, 15K for a running 31' Cigarette? I guess I got robbed then when I bought mine!

It may be a buyer's market, and that boat has been around for a while, so it's negotiable, but if it surveys out OK and the buyer accepts an offer around 30K, I still think it's a good deal if you end up spending another 4-5K for the cockpit. Of course, it's always easy to spend other peoples money