Ajac Hawk Engine Hatch covers >

Ajac Hawk Engine Hatch covers

Notices

Ajac Hawk Engine Hatch covers

Old 01-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dnebo
The hatch in the picture is longer then the hatch dave will make. It extends about 12" further forward then the bulkhead.
Making the the cockpit area smaller.
The hatch in the picture is a cut down hatch from a staggered engine boat.
thanks guys,

So is the engine hatch on this boat a one off? If it extends 12inches further, did they move the bulkhead on this boat forward 12"? Also, what is the white cover in front of the hatch between the hatch and the two seats? Could I buy a hatch the same as this? I think this longer version looks much tougher than standard hatches.

Also, if the cover covers the area behind the front seat, is there another bulkhead installed directly behind the seats to stop air coming in underspeed?

P.s. sunkin, nice classic boat. there are some guys on here who have done some outstanding reno's. sure you have seen them, but might be good to speak to. One guy had the flat deck 38 and did it in black/white, looked like it just rolled off the showroom floor.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Registered

hey, wasnt dnebo and glass daves hatch the same?
Old 01-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Not many pics yet. Boat is a minor project- I just picked it up last month. Purple is coming off. It goes to glassdave next week for deck refinishing. Konrads are on the way and engines will be 540's with 8-71's
Hey Chris, how much are you paying for your conrads? How much hp?

I'm getting two rebuilds right now. I'm getting the quote this week. If it is too much i'd rather get two new engines with much more hp.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by priceb
Hey Chris, how much are you paying for your conrads? How much hp?

I'm getting two rebuilds right now. I'm getting the quote this week. If it is too much i'd rather get two new engines with much more hp.
The Konrad setup is about $20K with gimbals. I'm getting the streamlined lowers and their tiebar system so that adds a couple grand more.

I looked at upgrading the IIIa's but it just didn't make sense to me to reconfigure the boat and go thru redoing the transom and moving the motors for an obsolete drive. The 850's will handle 800 hp, the original III was rated at 750 and the a's at 850. The boat had a set of very nice TRS on it but they won't take the power I'm putting in- they're in the classifieds cheap.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Registered

So chris, you bought 2 engines, 850hp each for approx 22k, readiy to install into your boat?

Also, any more info on the hatches lads?
Old 01-06-2008, 12:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So chris, you bought 2 engines, 850hp each for approx 22k, readiy to install into your boat?

Also, any more info on the hatches lads?
thats just the drives
Old 01-06-2008, 01:16 AM
Registered

Did I read that wrong?...very late night. Yep, sorry think I did, Chris can you please write more about your legs and engines.

Are the engines new or are they rebuilds? Also, what type of block and who is building them and what are they costing. Same with the legs.

My engines are dart 509s producing 650hp. Both are out and have been pulled apart. I am just waiting for the quote for rebuilds. Apparently I will need new pistons too. This sucks because its summer here and the chicks are in bikinis and I have no boat.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:18 AM
Registered

getting back to the hatch. So who would have built the extended hatch cover on lucky strike? Would Dnebo have the moulds for the extended length hatch or would that be from Cigarette?
Old 01-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 295 Likes on 102 Posts

hey, wasnt dnebo and glass daves hatch the same?
Yes, Dnebo did the fitting has the mold of the final product. It is extremely nice, just like the F-2 Cig above or the staggered Guns but with no pad extension. Boat looked great down in Key west, good talking to you Darren.

Does anyone know the difference between the Flat Deck and the Top Guns as far as the area around the cockpit an engine compartment? When Cig did the TG did they modify a Flat Deck or start from scratch? just curious really, i remember when the the CoverGirl came out. Seems like that boat led the way for much of what we have today. I still have that issue of Boating magazine.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 01-06-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:42 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 295 Likes on 102 Posts

getting back to the hatch. So who would have built the extended hatch cover on lucky strike? Would Dnebo have the moulds for the extended length hatch or would that be from Cigarette?
The front of Darrens hatch does not have the extension but it does have a very beefy flange at the front edge thats about 4 or 5 inches tall and runs the width of the hatch. I would think that you could make that piece seperatley and bond it on. Thats probably your best bet on getting the extended staggered style hatch. Are you doing a race style cockpit with the 3 bolsters and no back seat like the F2 boat? I dont remember what Lucky Strike looks like
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Quick Reply: Ajac Hawk Engine Hatch covers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.