Top Gun SWIM PLATFORM

Notices

Top Gun SWIM PLATFORM

Old 01-15-2008, 02:27 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the platform , but the old one.
The only thing is ...an old boat with a new platform...

I use it to go into the boat...we dock in this way...
Attached Thumbnails Top Gun SWIM PLATFORM-invidia-cervia.jpg  
Old 01-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 3,266 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Like Dan said, I swapped mine out from the square older style to the newer rounder style.

Pulled the old one off, had the transom holes filled. I think it was 600 bucks to fill the transom & looks PERFECT.

You need to measure where the new brackets will be for the newer swim step. They are shorter and do not come down on the sides. I had to have mine mounted up a bit higher because the inside gimbals sit so high (even after I measured).

Then we had the step color matched and CNC'd with the boats name on it.

Here's some pics of the old and the new.

Phil is a good resource and his product is VERY nice (Hope I don't get flamed for saying that). But you (being in Italy) will definately have to make sure your measurements are correct.
Attached Thumbnails Top Gun SWIM PLATFORM-img_2367.jpg   Top Gun SWIM PLATFORM-picture-001.jpg   Top Gun SWIM PLATFORM-2.bmp  

Last edited by thisistank; 01-15-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 621 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Like Dan said, I swapped mine out from the square older style to the newer rounder style.

Pulled the old one off, had the transom holes filled. I think it was 600 bucks to fill the transom & looks PERFECT.

You need to measure where the new brackets will be for the newer swim step. They are shorter and do not come down on the sides. I had to have mine mounted up a bit higher because the inside gimbals sit so high (even after I measured).

Then we had the step color matched and CNC'd with the boats name on it.

Here's some pics of the old and the new.

Phil is a good resource and his product is VERY nice (Hope I don't get flamed for saying that). But you (being in Italy) will definately have to make sure your measurements are correct.

Who is this Phil guy you talk about
Old 01-15-2008, 06:41 PM
Steve_H

another oso member and i were going to fabricate our own new style platforms this winter but he sold his boat so that came to a stop.

i work for http://www.ryerson.com/products-services/index.asp and can get all the material at barely above cost. i also work with outside shops that do whatever machining/laser/plasma/welding work that is needed. the only problem is getting drawings made. i no longer have access to a cad sytem. if someone could generate the cad files we could put a group buy together and make some platforms at a fraction of the retail price. they could all be shipped without being painted so the buyers can paint how they want. anyone want to do the cad work for a possible free platform or get paid by the hour? who else would be interested in a platform?

Old 01-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Hurley
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_H
another oso member and i were going to fabricate our own new style platforms this winter but he sold his boat so that came to a stop.

i work for http://www.ryerson.com/products-services/index.asp and can get all the material at barely above cost. i also work with outside shops that do whatever machining/laser/plasma/welding work that is needed. the only problem is getting drawings made. i no longer have access to a cad sytem. if someone could generate the cad files we could put a group buy together and make some platforms at a fraction of the retail price. they could all be shipped without being painted so the buyers can paint how they want. anyone want to do the cad work for a possible free platform or get paid by the hour? who else would be interested in a platform?
I can do the cad work but I don't think it will be necessary. Its a fairly simple project. It may just take one or two hand drawn sheets to get the job done. As Tank has demonstrated its the measuring thats critical.

Rob...
Old 01-15-2008, 07:29 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by hurleyr
I can do the cad work but I don't think it will be necessary. Its a fairly simple project. It may just take one or two hand drawn sheets to get the job done. As Tank has demonstrated its the measuring thats critical.

Rob...
agreed but someone will have to take exact measurements from an existing new style platform though. emailing cad files to fabricators just makes it easier. the mounting brackets could also be shipped loose so each owner can decide where to place them on their own boat, then have them welded locally.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:41 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Lipship platform
Attached Thumbnails Top Gun SWIM PLATFORM-2.jpg   Top Gun SWIM PLATFORM-110106-2-.jpg   Top Gun SWIM PLATFORM-110106-4-.jpg  

Old 01-16-2008, 02:43 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Lipship platform with Cigarette oval logo
Attached Thumbnails Top Gun SWIM PLATFORM-101107.jpg