Mystique Available

Notices

Mystique Available

Old 02-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Mystique Available

A friend just told me that he is going to sell either his Mystique or his 22 Donzi Classic, whatever sells first. Both boats are pristine and are meticulously kept. I don't know the years, but the Mystique has twin 500EFIs and is super clean. The Donzi has a 496 and also shows as new. He is starting at $100K for the Mystique and $40K for the Donzi. I told him about OSO, but I don't know if he will list them on here or not. If anybody is interested, please let me know and I will forward his contact info in a PM.
Attached Thumbnails Mystique Available-donzi-22.jpg   Mystique Available-0001.jpg  

Last edited by Hot Duck; 04-16-2008 at 12:08 AM.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ttt
Old 03-05-2008, 06:38 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's been a month. Do you have any links on any sales sites the boats are on. Neither boat is going to sell if he expects it to only be word of mouth.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Good question. I'll call him and find out.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Here is the link to the ad.

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o22514-en.html
Old 04-15-2008, 06:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info.

Sharp boat. The only drawback (depending on who you talk to) is this is a non-stepped hull.

You guys got any thoughts.

While I'm asking silly questions...let me throw this one by you all (yes I'm from the South)....

It's been stamped on my forehead to stay away from boats that have had any exposure to salt water. I know nine times out of ten when I look at a Cigarette, she will have been in salt water. Any thoughts.

I appreciate any help you can give a redneck from East TN.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 824 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by skmulligan
Thanks for the info.

Sharp boat. The only drawback (depending on who you talk to) is this is a non-stepped hull.

While I'm asking silly questions...let me throw this one by you all (yes I'm from the South)....

It's been stamped on my forehead to stay away from boats that have had any exposure to salt water. I know nine times out of ten when I look at a Cigarette, she will have been in salt water. Any thoughts.

My opinion, from a guy who has lived on the chesapeake bay his entire life, is that yes, salt water can be rough on things, but not if the boat is treated properly. Flushed with Salt-a-way, and properly maintained. I flush mine after every use THOROUGHLY.

I will say this though - steel trailers won't last for more than a couple seasons in salt. That is why my steel trailer will be up for sale REALLY soon.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skmulligan
Thanks for the info.

If you hire a reputable surveyor he will point out any trouble areas that you might encounter. Gimbal housings, lowers, exhaust, cooling system - anything that comes in direct contact with salt water naturally will be more deteriorated than a similar ride in fresh water. That being said, you can also tell pretty quickly how a boat was maintained. If the owner kept up with the maintenance I wouldn't shy away from a boat that spent some time in a salt water environment.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:49 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
My opinion, from a guy who has lived on the chesapeake bay his entire life, is that yes, salt water can be rough on things, but not if the boat is treated properly. Flushed with Salt-a-way, and properly maintained. I flush mine after every use THOROUGHLY.
I agree 100%. You CAN NOT tell that my boat is a salt water boat - period. It is all about the care.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 04-15-2008, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BillR
I agree 100%. You CAN NOT tell that my boat is a salt water boat - period. It is all about the care.
Bill, I love that sig line of yours. Kinda works for me too!

Quick Reply: Mystique Available

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.