Konrad Drives??? >

Konrad Drives???

Notices

Konrad Drives???

Old 02-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Konrad Drives???

Has anyone using Konrad drives experienced the paint on the drives blistering?? I had the drives installed last April, used the boat from May through September and noticed bubbling on the top caps. The bubbling started around early Sept. and seemed to get worse through the end of Sept. The boat is always taken out of the water after each use. The bubbling is now down the sides and back of the upper casing. The installer has contacted Konrad about this but has not received a reply on this issue. The drives should still be warrantied and need to be repainted. Please respond if you have had an issue with the paint on your drives and how Konrad responded to the issue.. Thank- You
Old 02-11-2008, 08:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Call Randy Sofie at Konrad.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtreme Air
Has anyone using Konrad drives experienced the paint on the drives blistering?? I had the drives installed last April, used the boat from May through September and noticed bubbling on the top caps. The bubbling started around early Sept. and seemed to get worse through the end of Sept. The boat is always taken out of the water after each use. The bubbling is now down the sides and back of the upper casing. The installer has contacted Konrad about this but has not received a reply on this issue. The drives should still be warrantied and need to be repainted. Please respond if you have had an issue with the paint on your drives and how Konrad responded to the issue.. Thank- You
Had mine installed in August of last year...Haven't even finished with the breakin yet...Haven't noticed any bubbling ...but I will keep an eye on it ....Thanks for the info.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 161 Likes on 80 Posts

I only have about 10 Hours on my drives, but paint seems great, I will keep an eye on it
Old 02-12-2008, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Sorry to hear about your paint issues. At this time, I'm travelling with Mark Anderson (Konrad Marine's Plant Manager) Up intil this post, we were not aware of your problem, but I can assure you that we will rectify this issue with your paint.

Please feel free to call and discuss this issue direct.

[email protected]
715-410-0735
Old 02-12-2008, 09:07 AM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have 2 seasons on mine and about 70 hours and have had no issues with the paint.

Mark
Old 02-12-2008, 05:54 PM
Registered

Biggus, Thank-You for the reply. I will call you sometime tomorrow. I am very happy with the drives themselves and have no idea why the paint has blistered like this. The drives are off the boat now and stored with my engine builder. Like I have mentioned in my previous post I have never left the drives in the water overnight or neglected to wash and dry the drives after each use. Thank you again for your response. I look forward to talking with you.
Attached Thumbnails Konrad Drives???-p9290781-medium-2-.jpg  
Old 02-13-2008, 10:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I have no doubt Konrad will take care of the issue. They have been treating my friend Charlie very well. He has two seasons on his and they are flawless. Konrad even did a complementary complete overhaul on them just to check the wear and found them to be like new inside. Very stand up company from what I have seen.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:32 PM
Registered

Thank You all for your replies. I talked to Kurt today and it was one of the nicest conversations I have had with someone in the Marine industry. What a Gentleman and helpful person he is. He took time to call even while juggling a hectic schedule in the Miami Boat show. It was refreshing to find someone as willing to help as Kurt.. Thanks again to all who posted. Konrad truly is ACES!!!!!!