Cafe Racer Door Latch

Notices

Cafe Racer Door Latch

Old 05-22-2008, 08:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 830 Likes on 387 Posts
Default Cafe Racer Door Latch

Before I call Cig does anyone have a door latch, or know the supplier of the door latch that is on a 90 Cafe.

Not the mechanism that is on the sliding door but the latch that is screwed into the driver's helm.

I am real tired of that not working because when I trailer or drive I have to keep the door open with the little stopper at the bottom.

Thanks,

Eric
Old 05-26-2008, 09:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
Before I call Cig does anyone have a door latch, or know the supplier of the door latch that is on a 90 Cafe.

Not the mechanism that is on the sliding door but the latch that is screwed into the driver's helm.

I am real tired of that not working because when I trailer or drive I have to keep the door open with the little stopper at the bottom.

Thanks,

Eric
Do you have the old one? you might be able to match it up with a latch to a sliding glass door. If you know anyone with a machine shop I'll bet they could make you one for cheap.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by SKRAMER
Do you have the old one? you might be able to match it up with a latch to a sliding glass door. If you know anyone with a machine shop I'll bet they could make you one for cheap.
No - I don't have the old one unfortunately.

I have a neighbor that will fab it for me but I would much rather just call someone and buy it if possible....
Old 06-07-2020, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Resurrecting this thread, I cannot find this part anywhere (PS I bought the OP's Cafe) If anyone can tell me the manufacturer or where I can find this, or if anyone can fab up this part I'd appreciate the info.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 3,414 Likes on 1,104 Posts

All hardware on the cigs is Perko. Made in Florida. I understand that perko discontinued the whole lock and cabin door assembly however.

phil (Lipship) stocks a bunch of perko stuff. He may be able to get you what you need.
The following users liked this post:
DealmakerC6 (06-08-2020)
Old 06-08-2020, 04:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ha - I remember this thread. I never did get this sorted out (obviously)
The following users liked this post:
DealmakerC6 (06-08-2020)
Old 06-08-2020, 04:43 PM
Registered

I’ve called Lipship several times, but can’t remember with certainty if I asked about this. I did call Perko, and the girl I spoke to said they never made a sliding door latch. I talked to Cigarette’s parts guy who said he had only been there 20 years (lol) and He had no idea about a 1990’s boat. I’ll try Phil again tomorrow.
Old 06-08-2020, 06:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,404 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by DealmakerC6
I’ve called Lipship several times, but can’t remember with certainty if I asked about this. I did call Perko, and the girl I spoke to said they never made a sliding door latch. I talked to Cigarette’s parts guy who said he had only been there 20 years (lol) and He had no idea about a 1990’s boat. I’ll try Phil again tomorrow.
best thing to do is email him with a pic of the latch
Old 06-08-2020, 10:40 PM
Registered

Sorted the anchor light last night. Loose connection, I love it when its the little things...
Old 06-11-2020, 11:20 PM
Registered

Received 354 Likes on 178 Posts

I can take pictures of mine, then post it for you. If you can verify it is the same I can probably fab one for you. Let me know if you can't find one.

Quick Reply: Cafe Racer Door Latch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.