more cafe ques after first weekend on it >

more cafe ques after first weekend on it

Notices

more cafe ques after first weekend on it

Old 05-27-2008, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Default more cafe ques after first weekend on it

How do you put the trs drives in trailer position? i didnt see a trailer switch like ive had on previous boats, do i just raise them till the indicator has them at the out-most position?

also, had a minor scare that my batts were dead when we got down to boat. engines wouldnt crank, couldnt raise the hatch, etc. come to find out my 4 yr old turned all the 12v dc switches in berth to off. but it got me to thinking how could i get to batts if this happened. i found what looks to be a motor under the rear bench, on port side w/ some posts. does anyone know what this? i know charging thru the shore power is an option, but i was thinking of something quicker.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 830 Likes on 387 Posts

I don't have a trailer position on my drives either and I have bravos, but just as a heads up, when my indicator bottoms "out" I am NO where near the top of my trim/tilt extension.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

If it's like my Bullet, the pump/motor under the rear seat is the rear hatch pump. That location is to provide a way to raise the hatch in the case of dead batteries.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Hollowpoint
If it's like my Bullet, the pump/motor under the rear seat is the rear hatch pump. That location is to provide a way to raise the hatch in the case of dead batteries.
Our's are there as well I believe. On the Left side of the boat. You can hear the motor run....

Brain - I got your PM. I forgot to bring it to work today but will tomorrow....
Old 05-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

ok thanks. i thought i saw jump posts on that motor & thought it was the hatch, just wanted to make sure.

i will also mess w/ the drives once i get it on a trailer. if anything u can normally tell its in highest position by the change in noise pitch they make when raising.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BDiggity
ok thanks. i thought i saw jump posts on that motor & thought it was the hatch, just wanted to make sure.

i will also mess w/ the drives once i get it on a trailer. if anything u can normally tell its in highest position by the change in noise pitch they make when raising.
I try not to ever raise mine THAT high just because of the strain it puts on the Bellows - something to think about if yours aren't brand new/or you don't know when they were replaced.