Notices

Gladiator reviews

Old 08-05-2008, 06:15 AM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Love the boat!! Sitting down is the only way to go. Mine is for sale. Lets make a deal!!!

Would love to entertian that thought, but i just bought a cruiser this weekend and dont really need 3 boats, need to sale the Formula, just doing some research at this time.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:38 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 632 Likes on 293 Posts

You guys doing the poker run this weekend? O and welcome to the OTHER side!
Q
Old 08-05-2008, 07:31 AM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

no I will just be a spectator, when will mike have the new docks in at Clearwater?
Old 08-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 632 Likes on 293 Posts

He said 30 days or so. And we need to get back on the subject, GLAD's.
Q
Old 08-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandTimes
Guys, im selling my Fastech and looking into the idea of a Gladiator, looking for your pro's and cons of a performance V bottom sit down, Kinda got used to the bolsters, but love the idea of a sports car feeling.Previouse and current owners, how do you like the boat overall?

You will absolutely love the Gladiator. If you want a little more cockpit room, try to find a side by side setup. They are almost identical to the staggered Gladiators as far as performance is concerned.

There are also two different cockpit widths to choose from, one obviously being wider than the other. Sitting down rules. Long trips don't beat your knee's to death and the stepped hull smooths the landings out dramatically over a standard bottom boat.

I think you'll have a chitload of fun if you get one!!

Last edited by BLee; 08-05-2008 at 10:38 PM. Reason: spellin
Old 08-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Registered

is it hard to see over the bow for a small guy in the sitdown cockpit?

How is the rear seat visibility?
Old 08-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Great pleasure boat, fast sleek lines.....Just dont get crazy trying to turn one at high speeds....
Old 08-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by otis311
IBut it is hard to entertain with the Glad. Im not really activly shopping a new boat. I have one Tiger in mind that caught my eye and is in my range. We shall see how it plays out

Gladiator = Corvette
Tiger = Hummer
Well put and my problem exactly. We love to bring people along and bail out at the lake. I know some Glads have swim platforms but I would think it would still be difficult to board with the painted engine hatch. I think I'll be in another Gun or Tiger.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:31 PM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BLee
You will absolutely love the Gladiator. If you want a little more cabin room, try to find a side by side setup. They are almost identical to the staggered Gladiators as far as performance is concerned.

There are also two different cockpit widths to choose from, one obviously being wider than the other. Sitting down rules. Long trips don't beat your knee's to death and the stepped hull smooths the landings out dramatically over a standard bottom boat.

I think you'll have a chitload of fun if you get one!!
So are the Gladiators more prone to roll overs than say a 35 or 38TS, im sure this will perk up some ears and start some shiot, but I haul kids around at times, of course putting around, and would really like to know the quirks of this ride, not to mention the congestion of Grand at times with the accasional idiot pulling out in front of you.Tres will def be on my calender.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good question GrandTimes!

I always guessed the boat was since it didn't have a cabin that could contribute to a spin easier and maybe the lower eyeline since sitting attributed it more prone to to operator error.

(How's that for PC...)

Quick Reply: Gladiator reviews

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.