Cigarette Fire sales

Notices

Cigarette Fire sales

Old 03-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_H
yep, everything is hunky dory. the dow is at an all time high, unemployment at an all time low and people are spending money like it grows on trees
Sorry for trying to point out some positive news? I don't personally enjoy hearing the negative gossip about Fountain, Outerlimits, Lake Cumberland, etc possibly going under? I'd like to see as many of these custom shops still around as possible down the road?

If the media would try reporting some positive news, the sheep that allow them to dictate their lives might start to "stimulate" the economy, instead of making everyone feel like armageddon is tomorrow. The overall morale of population has more to do with the economy than most would assume.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
Sorry for trying to point out some positive news? I don't personally enjoy hearing the negative gossip about Fountain, Outerlimits, Lake Cumberland, etc possibly going under? I'd like to see as many of these custom shops still around as possible down the road?

If the media would try reporting some positive news, the sheep that allow them to dictate their lives might start to "stimulate" the economy, instead of making everyone feel like armageddon is tomorrow. The overall morale of population has more to do with the economy than most would assume.
Very well put!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Steve_H

I must be a glass half empty person because I think our country is in serious trouble and want people to wake up and raise hell about it. If we dont, ALL the custom shops will be out of business.

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/8993

Sorry for the hijack. delete if you want.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Registered

I think the biggest issue is getting damn financing. You can have A+ credit and good pay, etc, and they will find any excuse they can to turn you down. If you talk to anyone selling boats, it seems they "have buyers" but nobody can come up with the cash. The damn banks are keeping everyone who wants to spend from doing it, and the f-n media is keeping most from wanting to.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Registered

I agree. I hate to see anyone having difficult times let alone having gossip started about their demise. It might be a pass time for some but to others it is their livelihood. This sort of idle gossip and rumors starting can certainly have a negative effect on those businesses.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Registered

Skater had more boats in various stages of construction than I've EVER seen at their factory. Everything from boats just being popped from the mold, all the way to being ready for delivery. There was barely enough room to get any pictures because the boats were so close together.
Now we know what Madoff did with all that money!
Old 03-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 161 Likes on 80 Posts

lending is the problem.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:09 PM
Hurley
Gold Member

Originally Posted by cigrocket
lending is the problem.
I couldn't agree more!

I needed to take out a mortgage to buy some investment properties back in December. I have perfect credit, no debt, 70% to loan to value on the property. I get a verbal approval within 2 days. So I figure what credit crisis figuring it must just be affecting people with bad credit? Well its now more than three months later and I finally close the loan. I have had to send follow up information just about every two day since my loan was approved. I told my agent "if you can't get a loan approved under these conditions you may as well pack it up and find another career". She agreed, and said it’s just insane what they are asking for these days. The pendulum has swung the other way. If loans are not absolutely perfect they cannot be re sold so are of little value to banks.

On a larger scale some of my customers that have large revolving credit lines (in the 10s of millions) used to fund large projects are losing them due to banks not willing to take the risk. Not due to bad credit! They just want perfect loans. This has been a snowball affect hurting many businesses that work for leveraged companies.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Registered

Hello again.
I was looking at 35's for a while but since finding this site have expanded my search to possibly a 38. I pretty much had the cash I was willing to part with for a 35 but since the 38 came into the picture I needed to borrow some from a bank until some other things I had came to term. WOW I can't belive what the lending market is like now. I have over 800 credit, no mortgage, a couple credit cards and my name is on some items as cosignor for my business. I was looking to borrow maybe 30grand or so. I like to know what I have to work with before even starting to look so I'm not wasting my time or anyone elses.
Basically they told me no way. I was astonished. I explained I'll be paying more than 75% in cash and could easily pay back any borrowed funds as soon as some secured investments came to term. They didn't seem to care. They wanted every cancelled check from my company for everything my name is on even though each item has been paid on time and I have zero negative aspects to my credit. I asked if 12 months would be sufficient. They said only if the loan has only been open 12 months otherwise every single one since it was opened.
I asked to speak with the underwriter. Not a chance.
If someone with 800 credit score, very little actual debt, and more than 50% of the purchase in cash has this much trouble I can't imagine what someone with lessor is going to have.
Not to mention that out of nowhere Citibank raised the rate on my credit card 3 points for no reason other than they decided to. Basically they want the people who pay their bills to cover the debt from those who dont. I asked the cs rep at citi what the thought process was in penalizing good payers to cover the bad? She told me she had that right. I said. No problem, You'll have my full balance paid on monday. thanks for your service, please close my account.
The reality to me is that cash is it. If you don't have it in cash you're gonna be hard pressed to borrow it right now. Atleasts on items such as toys. I guess there really were alot of people over their heads and living check to check which causes this whole thing. What do i know? I've put my money in my mattress for years and will continue to do so. And now my wallet is a little flatter after the citi card got cut up, so I don't have to worry about lower back problems.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cwhitehurst
Hello again.
I was looking at 35's for a while but since finding this site have expanded my search to possibly a 38. I pretty much had the cash I was willing to part with for a 35 but since the 38 came into the picture I needed to borrow some from a bank until some other things I had came to term. WOW I can't belive what the lending market is like now. I have over 800 credit, no mortgage, a couple credit cards and my name is on some items as cosignor for my business. I was looking to borrow maybe 30grand or so. I like to know what I have to work with before even starting to look so I'm not wasting my time or anyone elses.
Basically they told me no way. I was astonished. I explained I'll be paying more than 75% in cash and could easily pay back any borrowed funds as soon as some secured investments came to term. They didn't seem to care. They wanted every cancelled check from my company for everything my name is on even though each item has been paid on time and I have zero negative aspects to my credit. I asked if 12 months would be sufficient. They said only if the loan has only been open 12 months otherwise every single one since it was opened.
I asked to speak with the underwriter. Not a chance.
If someone with 800 credit score, very little actual debt, and more than 50% of the purchase in cash has this much trouble I can't imagine what someone with lessor is going to have.
Not to mention that out of nowhere Citibank raised the rate on my credit card 3 points for no reason other than they decided to. Basically they want the people who pay their bills to cover the debt from those who dont. I asked the cs rep at citi what the thought process was in penalizing good payers to cover the bad? She told me she had that right. I said. No problem, You'll have my full balance paid on monday. thanks for your service, please close my account.
The reality to me is that cash is it. If you don't have it in cash you're gonna be hard pressed to borrow it right now. Atleasts on items such as toys. I guess there really were alot of people over their heads and living check to check which causes this whole thing. What do i know? I've put my money in my mattress for years and will continue to do so. And now my wallet is a little flatter after the citi card got cut up, so I don't have to worry about lower back problems.
That is rediculous. I too have been talking with credit unions, and it is rediculous right now what there expectations are for debt to income, work history, etc. I have A+ credit but that doesn't matter, as you found as well.

It sounds to me like you might own a business, so they can't "verify income" which is the biggest problem? Have you checked with people that specialize in boats, like Newcoast, and credit unions, as some are still lending (but are very strict on to whom).

Quick Reply: Cigarette Fire sales

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.