Cigarette Fire sales >

Cigarette Fire sales

Notices

Cigarette Fire sales

Old 03-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WMF
The biggest problem you will have is you have to have at least the amount you want to borrow on the boat in the bank for a High Performance boat loan today!!!! Banks dont like High Performance boats!!!!

Credit unions do. They "don't know any better" and will treat them like any other boat, you just have find the CU that will do the terms you want, approve you etc, but they're out there.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by omerta one
Funny thing those damn banks...if everyone who went to the bank and who were granted the loan they asked for actually paid the bank back...there wouldn't be any friggin' crisis.

Don't blame the banks...blame the azzhats who borrowed and now won't repay.
Trust me, I have plenty of blame for all the clowns that bought stuff that they couldn't make the payment on, or didn't have fixed interest knowing they were on the edge, etc, but the damn banks THEN didn't care, but suddenly now those of us who are responsible have to beg and jump through hoops for 8+% loans on a boat!

It can be done, but it shouldn't be that rough for someone with A+ credit, or business owners, etc who have no indication they can't make the payments.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:40 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rlj676
Credit unions do. They "don't know any better" and will treat them like any other boat, you just have find the CU that will do the terms you want, approve you etc, but they're out there.
The problem is credit unions will only do 7 years on boat loans, on a 60K boat that is a large monthly payment!!
Old 03-16-2009, 06:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WMF
The problem is credit unions will only do 7 years on boat loans, on a 60K boat that is a large monthly payment!!

Not really, keep looking.

Plenty will do 15, and some even 20. I found a few that would do 20 years amortization with 7 yr balloon, etc. It takes some legwork on the internet to find 'em, but they are there. Some with rates as low as 5.75 for 15, but they still are pretty strict on who they'll approve, and you have to be able to join them too of course.

If you were in MI I have a list of them I found.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:05 AM
Registered

Its just not like it was. I realize times have changed and there are a whole new set of rules. I wouldn't want to be a lender right now for sure. I also wouldn't want to be someone who needs money in a bad way.
I know I have to make adjustments. I'm more than willing to wait till my bonds come due and I can then buy the whole thing in cash should I find one.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Plenty will do 15, and some even 20. I found a few that would do 20 years amortization with 7 yr balloon, etc. It takes some legwork on the internet to find 'em, but they are there. Some with rates as low as 5.75 for 15, but they still are pretty strict on who they'll approve.
The reason these types of loans aren't as common anymore, is the same reason everyone is mad at the banks for loaning to people they shouldn't have.

The depreciation on a performance boat after 20 years is totally lopsided in comparison to the interest on these loans, and that's if the boat is still in even average condition. The original buyer rarely is the one that owns the boat for the full 20 years, and in many cases can't sell it for the remaining balance on the loan. Those that are ONLY concerned with if they can make the monthly payment, usually end up having to write a check for the balance, which isn't always possible. Throw in a serious mechanical problem, and the hole gets deeper.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Registered

Plenty will do 15, and some even 20. I found a few that would do 20 years amortization with 7 yr balloon, etc. It takes some legwork on the internet to find 'em, but they are there. Some with rates as low as 5.75 for 15, but they still are pretty strict on who they'll approve, and you have to be able to join them too of course.

If you were in MI I have a list of them I found.

I agree, I am going through this process now, granted my loan is alot less, $37,000, but I found a 15 yr, 6.75%, no money down loan. I had to go to a few to find but they are out there. The loan officer said if it was only $35K he could approve it himself anything over that had to go the next step higher but still am approved. I tried Essex and they said they would only give me 60% of what I wanted due to "High Performance" boat. I also called e-loans and he would shop it around but required 10% down and would end up between 8-10% interest. All this is based on a high 700 score like 780 or so, verifiable income and less than 15% debt to income ratio. Some banks/credit unions are all over the place no one is the same and you just have to be patiented and shop around the only unfortunately thing is some deals may fall through do to the time it takes to get the whole process approved. Mine has been ongoing for about 1 1/2 weeks now and still haven't closed. I have also lost out on two other boats due to not getting financing in time.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:18 AM
Registered

When shopping around I also gave Key Bank a try and they approved the $37K, $0 down but had interest rates at 8.75%. They did not even verify income either.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja_man
When shopping around I also gave Key Bank a try and they approved the $37K, $0 down but had interest rates at 8.75%. They did not even verify income either.
Interesting, I was under the impression that Key Bank has pulled out of marine lending altogether.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 161 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggus
Interesting, I was under the impression that Key Bank has pulled out of marine lending altogether.
That was my understanding. Key bank was doing 0 boat loans as of the 1st of the year.

Quick Reply: Cigarette Fire sales

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.