Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Cigarette Fire sales >

Cigarette Fire sales

Notices

Cigarette Fire sales

Old 08-07-2008, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My guess is the bottom feeders will still be shopping next, year, and the next year, etc. The entire 8 years I've been on this board there's always been the "I'm waiting for the market to bottom out" crew.

I got too old and fat too keep waiting......so I bought
Old 08-10-2008, 09:08 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,308 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
My guess is the bottom feeders will still be shopping next, year, and the next year, etc. The entire 8 years I've been on this board there's always been the "I'm waiting for the market to bottom out" crew.
The folks selling those might be having firesales, but what have you saved by getting one of those?
and there ya have it, no matter what the price it wont be low enough for some...sure you can buy one that needs work real cheap, but by the time you do it all and invest the man hours, be better to buy one in better shape
Old 08-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BLee

I guess some just assume that no one that owns these boats can actually afford to own them, or wait for their number? The only "buyers market" or firesales I've seen, is for junk that will end up costing the same in the end as a nice boat to make it right. Funky paintjobs and weird power setups obviously are discounted, but then you have to change that or suffer the same loss down the road.

The folks selling those might be having firesales, but what have you saved by getting one of those?
Well said, well said....
Capitalism at its finest, for every seller you need a buyer and that transaction will determine the price. Listed prices are a starting point and it goes from there.
Some hope for a fire sale but it never comes.... they end up talking alot and buying nothing.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:09 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool Wes and BLee

Originally Posted by wespin
Well said, well said....
Capitalism at its finest, for every seller you need a buyer and that transaction will determine the price. Listed prices are a starting point and it goes from there.
Some hope for a fire sale but it never comes.... they end up talking alot and buying nothing.
Wes yours and BLee's comments are right on.................. thats why you own one of the best looking Top Guns on the water and BLee has one of the best looking 368 afloat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 166 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by cigarette275
I have to believe they will begin soon... any thoughts ? It seems like a LOT of "overpriced, USED" and stale inventory out there. I sure would not want to be a seller in this market.... anybody for discussion of the late summer, fall market?
I think a lot of the problem in the future and to some degree right now is buyers (like yourself) are looking for steals (which who can blame you in this economoy) and the sellers are upside down in their boats and the difference is too much for them to come up with so he just keeps his boat and therefore not a lot of boats get sold and they sit on the market.

Now, sometimes you may catch the seller who has the title and chooses just to get out and that is usually where you can pick up the steal.

If you are looking for a steal you'll just have to be patient, it may not come up today or tomorrow but maybe sometime in the future.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Like always, the boats that have known history of being well maintained and that have good graphics don't seem to last long if reasonably priced.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:14 AM
Registered
Gold Member

How can that be when a 700 boat runs 106?
Old 08-11-2008, 08:17 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Thought a 39 would be faster than 108 with 850's
Old 08-11-2008, 08:20 AM
Registered

In Australia I can't give my top gun away in this economic climate. My buddy works for our leading boat trader magazine and says our marine industry is doing it very, very tough.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Question speed??????????????

Originally Posted by fastoys
Thought a 39 would be faster than 108 with 850's
It has a full cabin and a vacuflush head. That speed is with a load of fuel and 5 people in the boat. I have not run it low on fuel and only 1 person in the boat?? I think Cigarette has change the gear ratio in the drives on the new ones and they run like 110 to 111mph. You might check on the speed of a 39' with 700's that has a full cabin and a vacuflush head??

Quick Reply: Cigarette Fire sales

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.