Cigarette Fire sales >

Cigarette Fire sales

Notices

Cigarette Fire sales

Old 08-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
and there ya have it, no matter what the price it wont be low enough for some...sure you can buy one that needs work real cheap, but by the time you do it all and invest the man hours, be better to buy one in better shape

That's what I keep telling the guys that tell me they see other Cafes on the market for 45-50k. I tell them go ahead and buy 'em...you can spend the money now...or spend the money later(like I did).

So mine doesnt have 502s or 500s...Its reliable and you can have Raylar or Whipple wake up the 496s...much better than having Joe's Racing Engines build you a set of car motors...

So mine doesn't have the flashy graphics...spend the money on some graphics and that'll get dated like everything else...

No problem for me...I own all of my boats...not the bank, so although I will lose money when I sell, I don't need to pay off a note...so I aint "upside down"
Old 08-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 951 Likes on 511 Posts

and there ya have it, no matter what the price it wont be low enough for some...sure you can buy one that needs work real cheap, but by the time you do it all and invest the man hours, be better to buy one in better shape
I don't think everyone is looking to buy a used Cigarette for 50% off but the full asking price sales are no longer happening despite the seller's denial. Look at the 07 OSO TG (525 boat with 70+/- hours still under MSO/warranty). IT SOLD FOR 250K last October. Now it didn't have a full cabin(covergirl) and it was white (no paint). Now there is not a single 525 powered TG out there older than 07 that I would pay 250K for in today's market. Yet there are several old boats (05-06-07's) for sale with for sale for over 250K but reality is that the boats aren't pulling those numbers anymore.
Back when the stock/ real estate market was booming no one really cared about prices they just wanted to spend their profits.

Now on the older boats (15-20 years old) they are valued on a per case basis. A mint boat with all the right updates is worth more than a beater but seems everyone with a 15 year old boat with new gauges thinks their boat is just as good as the next guys boat with new paint/ power/ trailer. In my mind a 15 year old 35/38 that runs good but is not updated is really a 35-45K boat in todays market. Yet those boats are all priced at 65-80K. Reality is what the dealer/ buyer will take it for not what everyone is asking. A mint boat with new power is worth 80K to the right buyer with cash in hand (since the bank won't lend that much).

Odd boats will pull crazy money like that 92 #6 TG with fresh paint/power that sold last year for 180k (new owner has it listed for over 200K now in classifieds, haha) or GLH's Tiger/#6's but most of the older stuff is just a used boat in the buyer's eyes.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Everyone wants a deal, had a guy call and make me an offer for my $150k and a classic camaro, i sayed yes, he then called back and said how about $140 and the car - he heard a dial tone after that, some people got balls. Dont make an offer, then reoffer after that offer is accepted

Thats half the reason i have it listed with a broker, i dont have time for the Bull Sh*t calls
Old 08-12-2008, 07:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild
Everyone wants a deal, had a guy call and make me an offer for my $150k and a classic camaro, i sayed yes, he then called back and said how about $140 and the car - he heard a dial tone after that, some people got balls. Dont make an offer, then reoffer after that offer is accepted

Thats half the reason i have it listed with a broker, i dont have time for the Bull Sh*t calls

classic...exactly what I did...Had my boat somewhat sold after Destin PR coming up..price was settled to only get a call 2 weeks ago that he was going to build a new one for around the same price with Nor-Tech..I told him impossible, and told him to quit wasting everyone's time, and hung up on him. I get a call on Sunday saying he will give me 30k less than what we agreed on the first time..the conversation ended quickly from that point...NOT FOR SALE...and unfortunately he's now a member on this board...
Old 08-12-2008, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jassman
classic...exactly what I did...Had my boat somewhat sold after Destin PR coming up..price was settled to only get a call 2 weeks ago that he was going to build a new one for around the same price with Nor-Tech..I told him impossible, and told him to quit wasting everyone's time, and hung up on him. I get a call on Sunday saying he will give me 30k less than what we agreed on the first time..the conversation ended quickly from that point...NOT FOR SALE...and unfortunately he's now a member on this board...
is his name jim d
Old 08-12-2008, 08:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,308 Likes on 451 Posts

is his name jim d
HA, that made me spit beer...
Old 08-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

is his name jim d

LOL..it wasnt him...but then again it could have been one of him..
Old 08-12-2008, 08:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I don't think everyone is looking to buy a used Cigarette for 50% off but the full asking price sales are no longer happening despite the seller's denial. Look at the 07 OSO TG (525 boat with 70+/- hours still under MSO/warranty). IT SOLD FOR 250K last October. Now it didn't have a full cabin(covergirl) and it was white (no paint). Now there is not a single 525 powered TG out there older than 07 that I would pay 250K for in today's market.
ummm dude, think again Steves old boat was a 39 with 700's it was blue and silver, i drunkenly saw the sbrt and e dock stickers in the morning that were on it...
Old 08-12-2008, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 951 Likes on 511 Posts

ummm dude, think again Steves old boat was a 39 with 700's it was blue and silver, i drunkenly saw the sbrt and e dock stickers in the morning that were on it...
Check again there were two OSO boats, I noted the 07 boat which was this one: http://www.pier57.com/200738TopGunCi...fshoreOnly.htm with 525's. The latest OSO boat was powered by 700's and was an 08....... I also noted it was sold last October so that would be October 07 and the new boat was still in use as the current OSO boat.......
Old 08-12-2008, 09:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Check again there were two OSO boats, I noted the 07 boat which was this one: http://www.pier57.com/200738TopGunCi...fshoreOnly.htm with 525's. The latest OSO boat was powered by 700's and was an 08....... I also noted it was sold last October so that would be October 07 and the new boat was still in use as the current OSO boat.......
ok even so, when that boat sold the market was much better and the boat was priced accordingly. It has nothing to do with sellers denial, it has to do with having a product marketed for a certain price, if you dont want it dont buy it...but dont sit here and say it isnt worth it, it is, just YOU dont want to pay it. As in the car business there is an ass for every seat. Just saw it today with a porsche GT 2, called a guy he wanted it at 10K under list, it sold in 20 mins at 234K about 35 over list..the guy is tickled to death as they are on ebay for 250K...as we stated the bottom feeders will be sitting around saying it isnt low enough, then they should go buy a boat they can afford.

Quick Reply: Cigarette Fire sales

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.