98 TG at Shogren?? >

98 TG at Shogren??

Notices

98 TG at Shogren??

Old 10-31-2008, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Perhaps this is the reason you are not married?
Nope, guess again. If that was the case she would have left after the 3rd boat in 2 years
Old 10-31-2008, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The boat belonged to a good friend of mine, I can tell you what ever you would like to know about that boat. If you want more info on the boat just let me know.

He purchased the boat in the Jan of 08 and stripped it down and painted the black base him self. He then had a local air brush artist, Graffix by Juice, who use to paint all the Big Dog Motorcycles do the graffix (great air brush artist and his part of the job was flawless). He then Cleared it him self.

The base and clear made the paint job a 10 footer, when you got up close you could see how ruff the base and clear was. That would be my guess as to why the graffix are gone. The probably had to sand it down to smooth out the base and then reclear it.

He did have the interior redone, it was very nicely done, however the red would get hot as hell and the brushed aluminum (silver) stained very easily!

Also 1 drive was replaced right before he traded it in as he hit a stump doin about 5 mph and grenaded the gears. The tie bar also had to be straightened back out.

Basicaly he sold the boat because everything motor wise was falling apart on him. He replaced intake mani's exahust mani's, cam and lifters in one motor, of which he had water in the oil, he had to rewire a bunch of stuff. It was a mess to say the least and he was sick of fixing stuff insted of boating...

Edit: If you have a myspace account here is a link from when it got painted http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=1637263

Last edited by bigo181979; 10-31-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigo181979
The boat belonged to a good friend of mine, I can tell you what ever you would like to know about that boat. If you want more info on the boat just let me know.

He purchased the boat in the Jan of 08 and stripped it down and painted the black base him self. He then had a local air brush artist, Graffix by Juice, who use to paint all the Big Dog Motorcycles do the graffix. He then Cleared it him self.

The base and clear where made the paint job a 10 footer, when you got up close you could see how ruff the base and clear was. That would be my guess as to why the graffix are gone. The probably had to sand it down smooth it put and reclear it.

He did have the interior redone, it was very nicelu done, however the red would get hot as hell and the brushed aluminum (silver) stained very easily!

Also 1 drive was replaced right before he traded it in as he hit a stump doin about 5 mph and grenaded the gears. The tie bar also had to be straightened back out.

Basicaly he sold the boat because everything motor wise was falling apart on him. He replaced intake mani's exahust mani's, cam and lifters in one motor, of which he had water in the oil, he had to rewire a bunch of stuff. It was a mess to say the least and he was sick of fixing stuff insted of boating...

Edit: If you have a myspace account here is a link from when it got painted http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=1637263

Wow, great info.

Thanks!
Old 10-31-2008, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah man, thank you very much!
Old 10-31-2008, 04:04 PM
Registered

Not a problem, now let me tell you what didn't make sense to any of us at the lake. He went thru all the effort of fixing everything (accept the water in the oil, we figured it was a head gasket however so it might have got fixed when he swapped the cam, but i am not positive one way or the other) and then traded it in on a Donzi that was used...

Now I am not sure I would have gone through all the effort of painting, redoing upholstery and all the engine work he completed to just go trade it in for basically what he bought it for in the first place! I just can't see taking that kind of loss!!! But to each their own I guess.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 3,258 Likes on 1,054 Posts

Originally Posted by bigo181979
Not a problem, now let me tell you what didn't make sense to any of us at the lake. He went thru all the effort of fixing everything (accept the water in the oil, we figured it was a head gasket however so it might have got fixed when he swapped the cam, but i am not positive one way or the other) and then traded it in on a Donzi that was used...

Now I am not sure I would have gone through all the effort of painting, redoing upholstery and all the engine work he completed to just go trade it in for basically what he bought it for in the first place! I just can't see taking that kind of loss!!! But to each their own I guess.
It's really not that big of a suprise. You got a boat that you fix everything, pour money into and sh!t just keeps breaking. You get tired of fixing it. Get it up to par and sell or trade in for something you think will be less maintinance.

Now, do you have more pics of that thing in the water.

I LOVE the way that looked with the flames.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
It's really not that big of a suprise. You got a boat that you fix everything, pour money into and sh!t just keeps breaking. You get tired of fixing it. Get it up to par and sell or trade in for something you think will be less maintinance.

Now, do you have more pics of that thing in the water.

I LOVE the way that looked with the flames.
I cant seem to find anymore, all the ones I have are of us tied up together drinking and partying... If I come across some more I will post them.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Registered

Thumbs up With a little TLC and fixing what was left to be fixed, it's pretty nice now

The "ENTIRE" boat was repainted by Mitcher T in MI, we did not wet sand and buff. It's like a mirror and also running good.

Team Shogren

www.teamshogren.com

Fountain & Baja By Fountain
Attached Thumbnails 98 TG at Shogren??-dsc06253.jpg   98 TG at Shogren??-dsc06255.jpg   98 TG at Shogren??-dsc06254.jpg  

Old 11-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Registered

Thumbs up More Pics

More Pics
Attached Thumbnails 98 TG at Shogren??-dsc06259.jpg   98 TG at Shogren??-dsc06287.jpg   98 TG at Shogren??-dsc06291.jpg  

Old 11-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Registered

Thumbs up A few More

A Few More
Attached Thumbnails 98 TG at Shogren??-dsc06503.jpg   98 TG at Shogren??-dsc06493.jpg   98 TG at Shogren??-dsc06496.jpg  

Quick Reply: 98 TG at Shogren??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.