98 TG at Shogren?? >

98 TG at Shogren??

Notices

98 TG at Shogren??

Old 11-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up You are 100% Correct!!!

Not your 2 cents, you are 100% CORRECT. There is no other or better way to advertise a boat to the entire world for $17.00.

Regards,

Team Shogren
www.teamshogren.com

Fountain & Baja By Fountain

Originally Posted by runafever
You cannot gauge the market value on anything by somones high bid on ebay. Boats don't do **** on ebay. It is mainly an advertising tool to get the phone to ring. If this boat stalls on ebay it is not an accurate indication of where the market is really at. Lets smarten up a little bit. My 2 cents anyway.

RAF
Old 11-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by shogren
Not your 2 cents, you are 100% CORRECT. There is no other or better way to advertise a boat to the entire world for $17.00.

Regards,

Team Shogren
www.teamshogren.com

Fountain & Baja By Fountain
ok i must be missing something then. its a no reserve auction. are you going to end it early if it doesnt bring enough money?

Old 11-19-2008, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 161 Likes on 80 Posts

Yes, I got an email from Shogren. They said they have the right to end the auction early because its for sale at the shop.

They say they have interested parties interested in a trade. The auction, I am sure, will never end with a boat sale. Just advertisement.

So the No Reserve clause is just another advertisment tool. and here we are talking about it.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cigrocket
Yes, I got an email from Shogren. They said they have the right to end the auction early because its for sale at the shop.

They say they have interested parties interested in a trade. The auction, I am sure, will never end with a boat sale. Just advertisement.

So the No Reserve clause is just another advertisment tool. and here we are talking about it.
Ya, that figures. AAHHH the marine bis, ain't it great!
Old 11-19-2008, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Ebay is a great tool fro many reasons.

We sell quite a few boats on EBAY and at the same time are a dealer retailing boats. There has been alot of interest on the boats we have on Ebay and a couple of them will be sold for sure before the auctions end. We are making room for the 09's we have coming in so they are inside for the winter and with EBAY you do not have trades which will help this situation. We are buying boats monthly off the street and from other dealers so you will see alot of activity on EBAY this fall and winter from our delaership.

Regards,

www.teamshogren.com

Founatin & Baja By Fountain
Old 11-19-2008, 07:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cigrocket

If they pull it off because they sold it locally, great for them. But if they pull it off because it doesn't look like it is going to hit the number they want for it, that's B.S.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wnelles
If they pull it off because they sold it locally, great for them. But if they pull it off because it doesn't look like it is going to hit the number they want for it, that's B.S.
Why is that BS?? Its a marketing tool... after the auction ends, the phone starts ringing and the emails start coming in. Say its BS when you are trying to sell a boat.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by eichhoma
Why is that BS?? Its a marketing tool... after the auction ends, the phone starts ringing and the emails start coming in. Say its BS when you are trying to sell a boat.
By listing it has a "no reserve" auction they should be willing to sell it for whatever it goes up to. Not play games and pull it off if it doesn't hit a number they want.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by wnelles
By listing it has a "no reserve" auction they should be willing to sell it for whatever it goes up to. Not play games and pull it off if it doesn't hit a number they want.

+1
Old 11-20-2008, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its all about marketing what you got to sell. Like I said, you obviously never tried to sell anything on eBay that you *needed* to sell.... so if you put your boat up for sale on eBay you would let it go for thousands less eh? If the auction didnt run up as yo would have liked it to?? Just for the sake of doing right by others?? I seriously doubt that. Its just business. Getting the most eyes on your product and selling for as much as it will go for. That is what everyone is after. You have the "buyers mentality"... Once you are the seller, you will feel differently.

Quick Reply: 98 TG at Shogren??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.