Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
2000 TopGun Lip-Ship Resto >

2000 TopGun Lip-Ship Resto

Notices

2000 TopGun Lip-Ship Resto

Old 01-30-2009, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Price is WAY too high,... I had a 98' Gun that was completely re done, and as good as my boat and Phils boat looks... the fact is that it is still a straight bottom gun with small power and a good restoration. Anyone serious about buying a boat in that price range would be hauling Wild's boat back home first and paying to get it painted. Phil's is a really nice boat but it is still what is always was ... My guess is really low 100's, and at that I would still beat up Rqandy on his price and pay the difference ! just my .02, and I know it means nothing !!
I would like to see the gun you re-did compared to his.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tanner has a legitimate comparison. His boat was a 98 although but If my memory serves me right his boat had bigger power. I think the boat is a 115k to 125k max! Lots of buys on twin steps right now. I would look hard at this boat. They did a killer job. Tanners boat was killer and Im sure he knows how many $ went into his to make it sweet.

Raf
Old 01-30-2009, 11:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by runafever
Tanner has a legitimate comparison. His boat was a 98 although but If my memory serves me right his boat had bigger power. I think the boat is a 115k to 125k max! Lots of buys on twin steps right now. I would look hard at this boat. They did a killer job. Tanners boat was killer and Im sure he knows how many $ went into his to make it sweet.

Raf
I don't think that it is a legitimate comparison. I'm sure Tanner's 98 was nice, but Phil's 2000 is a vacuum bagged straight bottom and looks like a 2009. It was a much nicer boat to start with and has the right look. There are already several people interested.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pm203
I don't think that it is a legitimate comparison. I'm sure Tanner's 98 was nice, but Phil's 2000 is a vacuum bagged straight bottom and looks like a 2009. It was a much nicer boat to start with and has the right look. There are already several people interested.
I agree that it is a beautiful boat but it is still a straight bottom boat for a twin step asking price. Tanners boat sold months ago before our economy foiled that sank the values on our boats. Tanners boat is a legitimate comparison because it it was re done and was not 150k. I only implied that 150k for a 9 year old straight v bottom, 500hp bravo boat with a cover girl cabin and a nice paint job is ludicris. Lets be real. Not trying to ruffle any feathers but I would be bringing home a 2003 TS 575 boat for that kind of jack. The boat is sweet though. Just a little strong on the dollar.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by omerta one
I was fueling up when those pics were taken. The boat looks even better up close. Like new for $149...hard to beat that.
I would not pay that for a boat that cost areound $175 new in 2000.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by runafever
I agree that it is a beautiful boat but it is still a straight bottom boat for a twin step asking price. Tanners boat sold months ago before our economy foiled that sank the values on our boats. Tanners boat is a legitimate comparison because it it was re done and was not 150k. I only implied that 150k for a 9 year old straight v bottom, 500hp bravo boat with a cover girl cabin and a nice paint job is ludicris. Lets be real. Not trying to ruffle any feathers but I would be bringing home a 2003 TS 575 boat for that kind of jack. The boat is sweet though. Just a little strong on the dollar.
Tanner’s boat was nice but looking at the pictures of just the interior you could see bridging and loose fitting vinyl.
Although I have not seen either boat in person I am sure that this comparison is not apples to apples. I would guess the detail was not there.
Don’t get me wrong Tanner’s boat was/is a very nice boat that anybody should proud to own.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad
I would not pay that for a boat that cost areound $175 new in 2000.
Wrong. That particular boat was $225K + when new and was sold to a second owner the same year for over $210K

Last edited by pm203; 01-30-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pm203
Kinda missing my point, You can compare both boats, and make good and bad assumptions about both our boats, but my point was just that a straight bottom gun, with 500's priced at 150K in this market is not even close ..( in my opinion) It doesnt matter if Phil re-did it, or Barack Obama did it and put his presidential seal on it, it is still an old style hull boat ..PERIOD. and with what 2002 and 2003 T/S's are going for, it doesn't make sense . I am not comparing boats, it has nothing to do with mine. Thats all I was saying ! if someone falls in love with it and he gets upwards of 130 - 140K then that is great and the new owner will think he got a great boat..and that is all that matters. There is not too much good late 90's ,2000 flat bottoms out there ,so there will be a buyer!

I think Phil does an excellant job on his boats, and yes better detail than mine had, and iwould love to own a Lip Ship boat someday, I am only being realistic on value !
Old 01-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gregsweeney
I'm considering the boat what do you guys think about the price?
Greg, I think the boat is worth every penny but then again I'm crazy and now have $150k+ in my Cigarette 24 Firefox Lip-Ship Edition. I can tell you that when you buy a boat from Phil a friendship comes with it. I met him a little over a year ago when we decided to do this project and he's part of the family now.

I think you pay for what you get and sometimes you have to pay a little bit more to get that.

Lip-Ship 20 & 38TG will eventually join the fleet.

Last edited by cigracing1; 01-30-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:42 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

What kinds of backing/warranty will phil give w/ this boat?

Quick Reply: 2000 TopGun Lip-Ship Resto

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.