Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
2000 TopGun Lip-Ship Resto >

2000 TopGun Lip-Ship Resto

Notices

2000 TopGun Lip-Ship Resto

Old 01-31-2009, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you Lip-Ship followers think of the Red Top Gun that JT rigged with big Cobra power! How would you compare a JT rigged boat to one that Philly has customized?
Old 01-31-2009, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 3,307 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad
Not sure what a stripped down cig was considered at the time. Boat was vacuum bagged, sea strainers, XR, I would have rather had bull dogs than the 500 EFI’s at the time.

Seems to be an incredible bias towards the Lip Ship models by some people. Philly has worked hard for a strong following and loyal customers. Good for him and I applauded his ability to serve his market. You are paying a premium to have his name on your boat! Is the Lip Ship model worth significantly more than another cig built by the same company? I guess for you is was worth close to $50 K more, personally I would rather put the extra money into Poker Runs and vacations.

Yea, I'll admit it, I'm a happy Lip-Ship customer but it seems you're missing the point here. You're comparing this boat to others on the market. There is no other boat on the market that you can compare this boat too. This is basically a new/flat bottom. Gone through inside and out by someone that I'd rather have over see my new cigarette build than cigarette themselves. You can't compare it to a boat that has been beat up for past 8 years or a half azz interior job or paint job done on it. All work is by the best in the industry.

You ask is this boat worth more than another built by another company...I'll ask, show me another late model flat bottom that has just been gone through inside and out from stern to bow by someone of equal reputation, then we can compare prices. Fact is, this is a one of a kind boat.

By the way, I think the red TS JT built is SIIIIIICK! I don't know what or why you'd want to compare it to a Lip-Ship boat. And since JT and Phil are long time friends and directly next to each other and have collaborated on many a project, I don't know how you would "compare" boats.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

[QUOTE=Brad;2789994].

Is the Lip Ship model worth significantly more than another cig built by the same company?
QUOTE]

If you want the best of the best, it is.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
Yea, I'll admit it, I'm a happy Lip-Ship customer but it seems you're missing the point here. You're comparing this boat to others on the market. There is no other boat on the market that you can compare this boat too. This is basically a new/flat bottom. Gone through inside and out by someone that I'd rather have over see my new cigarette build than cigarette themselves. You can't compare it to a boat that has been beat up for past 8 years or a half azz interior job or paint job done on it. All work is by the best in the industry.

You ask is this boat worth more than another built by another company...I'll ask, show me another late model flat bottom that has just been gone through inside and out from stern to bow by someone of equal reputation, then we can compare prices. Fact is, this is a one of a kind boat.

By the way, I think the red TS JT built is SIIIIIICK! I don't know what or why you'd want to compare it to a Lip-Ship boat. And since JT and Phil are long time friends and directly next to each other and have collaborated on many a project, I don't know how you would "compare" boats.
Tank I believe you are also missing my point.
Boats depreciated, this is 9-10 year old hull. I would have a hard time paying 67% of what it cost originally from Lip-Ship originally in the economy we are in today? I would think a buyer that needs financing is going to have a tough time.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank

Tank that is not what I wrote. I wrote is a Lip-Ship really worth more than a non Lip-Ship cig.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:56 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=pm203;2790033]
Originally Posted by Brad

Is the Lip Ship model worth significantly more than another cig built by the same company?
QUOTE]

If you want the best of the best, it is.
Why do you say that? Do you think Lip-Ship models are built differrent at Cig? If I wanted the best I would ahve JT rig it!
Old 01-31-2009, 03:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

[QUOTE=Brad;2790049]
Originally Posted by pm203

Why do you say that? Do you think Lip-Ship models are built differrent at Cig? If I wanted the best I would ahve JT rig it!
In fact, some are. The difference being Phil, an expert, who is on site during the build ,makes sure things are done to his standards. If you only knew...................
Old 01-31-2009, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

most of phils customers boat in fl in the winter, and the location, service, and quality is the best - enough said
Old 01-31-2009, 03:48 PM
Registered

So the easy answer is ... would you pay 149k for Phils 2000 or Buy Wild's boat for 159k.. I am not comparing boats, only asking which boat you would want for the same money !!
Old 01-31-2009, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wilds, Wilds, Wilds

Quick Reply: 2000 TopGun Lip-Ship Resto

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.