Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Numbering Cig 20`s... >

Numbering Cig 20`s...

Notices

Numbering Cig 20`s...

Old 01-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally, I have never seen a 21' Apache - I would assume that these are just as rare. Maybe more rare that people dont know about them which accounts for the lower price. Would be great if you could show us a pic. I could give a personal opinion though I am not an expert. Also, I have a Apache T-Shirt that I bought at the Apache Plant on 188th St. a few years ago if anyone is interested in buying. $40 plus shipping - never worn.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:57 AM
Registered

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o27091-en.html I am thimking I should be buying this one.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:31 AM
Registered

My personal opinion on the Apache Scout: Its a nice boat but not as sleek looking as the 20' Cigs. The engine/drive package needs to be updated - not enough hp for that boat. It does not have external steering nor K-planes. It would be a nice boat if your not a hp junkie. If your looking at upgrading engine/drive package, your looking at $50,000+ if you have someone else do it
Old 01-20-2009, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cosmic12
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o27091-en.html I am thimking I should be buying this one.
I think its a great boat at a great price, if i didnt have my 20, i would buy it
Old 01-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o27431-en.html

also good if you have a motor
Old 01-20-2009, 11:54 AM
Registered

That 22' Donzi looks sweet - very good price. Just needs a motor
Old 01-21-2009, 06:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wild
I think its a great boat at a great price, if i didnt have my 20, i would buy it
I agree, And I would buy it if things were just alittle defferent at this point. I just can't part with any cash and I wouldn't, (Not that they would) go to a bank for it. The motor doesn't bother me at all I like a small block but a bravo would be nice. I still don't have an answer. Was there anything wrong with the bottom design or something to make them less desireable?
Old 01-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I am doing the resto on CigaretteDon's 20 cig.. It is a good project. The goal is to have modern technology & big power, but keep the old school looks as much as possible overall.. The power plan is a LSM 550 Raylar with XR drive set up & shorty.. Currently the boat is stripped & getting its hull work done so it can get repainted and the interior is slowly getting put together as well. Jamie / Lakeside
Old 01-21-2009, 11:40 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whatever you buy......you will reward yourself by getting one that's already running, or VERY close to it.

Many people don't realize how many little things go into "restoring" a boat when it's time to put it back together. Tearing it down to a bare hull is the easiest, cheapest part, which is why you only see probably 4-5/10 of them ever get back on the water when these projects get started. These $5-10k boats will have double that into them with A LOT left to go in a hurry. Hoses, fittings, brackets, etc, all add up!

Wild's needs a paintjob and updated interior, and I guarantee you most people will think it's been totally redone with just those two things accomplished. It's ready to run otherwise, and a good price when you add up the time & stress you saved.

Jus sayin!
Old 01-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLee

Many people don't realize how many little things go into "restoring" a boat when it's time to put it back together. Tearing it down to a bare hull is the easiest, cheapest part, which is why you only see probably 4-5/10 of them ever get back on the water when these projects get started. These $5-10k boats will have double that into them with A LOT left to go in a hurry. Hoses, fittings, brackets, etc, all add up!
This is true.. It is hard to convey this to people at times. Redoing a boat is a tedious process to do properly & all of the little parts add up rapidly. The big stuff like the engines & drives only account for part of the job. This is often forgotten. Mostly I find that when these boats are redone it is for sentimental purposes or to be unique from the main stream. Either way it is sort of a labor of love.. Jamie

Quick Reply: Numbering Cig 20`s...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.