Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
1975 20' Cig for sale on EBAY >

1975 20' Cig for sale on EBAY

Notices

1975 20' Cig for sale on EBAY

Old 02-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, I was watching it and wondered if someone from here got it. Please post some pics when you get it.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hotboat1
I ended up the winner. Now I have a 20 and a 24. Oh well.
looks like a good deal. good luck with it dale.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:30 AM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Great deal hope
but I think that sale just really crushed the bare hull values.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by klaw
Great deal hope
but I think that sale just really crushed the bare hull values.
not likely. remember...they don't build these anymore...

that said, the boat market in general is in the crapper, so yes, everything is not worth what it used to be. Stuff is worth what someone is willing to pay for it...

I'd also like to point out that while I wish Dale the best with his purchase, he's essentially bought a bare hull. Blown motor, TRS drive, galvanized roller trailer, gelcoat cracking...

If you're going to completely redo one of these boats, that stuff is going in the trash heap or on Ebay to get some of your money back.

That said, I think he got a great deal and were it a running boat, would probably go for twice what he paid for it.

Last edited by Sean; 02-04-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

From the add it sound like just throw a cam in it and you have a runner if that the case he got a great deal

Youe are right Sean if he wants a "2009 cig 20" he bought just a bare hull and can recoup less the 1k in selling off the old parts

The trs is worth almost nothing the original seat I would buy to make bar stools out of

It just screws up proicing for short term as all of the I want a cig 20 crowd will try and low ball because of the perfect 20 that sold on ebay for 6 grand
Old 02-04-2009, 04:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 68 Likes on 36 Posts

dont make stools out of those bucket seats i need a set for my 20
Old 02-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Registered

Hey guys, I agree that what I bought was a rolling hull. I may try to switch engines and play with it for a summer before I take it apart. It is scheduled to be delivered Sat so I will know more. I had several conversations with the owner before I bought it and I beleive him to be straight up. We'll see. I have heard good and bad re: the TRS outdrive . Maybe you guys can enlighten me some. I had the set up in a Somerset houseboat and it was OK but a 20 Cig is a different story. It appears the front seats are not original. That will disappoint me but I will know more Sat. Thanks for the congrats Sean, I really wanted your boat but getting it here thru the city seemed to scare everybody I talked to. Will a Bravo unit fit the hole that is left from the TRS? Thanks guys, Dale
Old 02-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Registered

Default Great Bid

Originally Posted by Hotboat1
I ended up the winner. Now I have a 20 and a 24. Oh well.
Did I read that your bid was placed with only 6 seconds left in the auction?? What a gambler!! Glad you got it and its going to a good home!! whip
Old 02-05-2009, 07:21 AM
Registered

dale, You'll need to glass the transom up to replace the TRS with a Bravo, or look into a Stellings box. They used to make a box that bolted in place of the TRS transom assmbly with no mods to the hull. The downside that I've heard is that the x dimension got way out of whack... but that was on a Cafe Racer, so I believe we'd have more luck on a single.

My only other question with your current setup is the transmission...if it is the MercTrans than it is a weak link...the Borg Warner is a better unit.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Registered

Yeah, I use a computer based bidding service. It was set to go at 5 seconds. Someone could have outbid me at 6. LOL I used to get up at all hours of the night, heart pounding just to place a bid and then someone told me about Auction Sniper. I love it. Set the bid and go on about your business.

Quick Reply: 1975 20' Cig for sale on EBAY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.