WTB: Mystique, Vice or Updated 35's >

WTB: Mystique, Vice or Updated 35's

Notices

WTB: Mystique, Vice or Updated 35's

Old 03-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer35
i wouldnt have paid 79k for the 2002, but i would have probly paid more than 70k for bmanforts. I found mine from a guy who was a "must sell" so im happy, and someone definitly got a deal on bmans
Let us know when you "must sell" to move up to a top gun and keep passing on the good deals?

I agree, in reality I'd think the 2000 with 500's to be worth a bit more than it sold for, and the 02 with HO's less than the 2000. One was "sold" a month ago, with a backup buyer, and again a day after listing (I STILL don't understand why it was even listed). The other has been for sale for over a year at a minimum. Kind of tells me which number is closer to the real value buyers will pay.

All I know is it is definitely not easy to value such low production boats these days (as obvious by the constant conversations on here about Guns where there is a much larger sample size even). I thought I had come across the perfect deal for me.....but it wasn't to be. So either now it's back to "reality" with the pricing of the 02 for me if I'm too low, or he won't sell it as he's not realistic.

This "buyers market" isn't panning out for me yet, as I've lost out on 2 boats now I've tried to buy, and to buy as quick as I could. They were both deals I thought, but otherwise I haven't seen too many that I can both afford and want.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:39 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
listen, ive known billy literally my whole life and this was by no means a blowout or fire sale. For any of you that dont know him, he is a fanatic about the stuff he has, and I wouldnt be surprised if his boat was one of the cleanest and best taken care of 2000's that any of you have seen. With that said, the boat was priced where it should be to sell, not too low and not too high.

Also, I know what WMF had it bought for, and take this however you want, but this boat being a 2000 and the price WMF had it bought for, makes all of the 20 year old Bullets WAYYYYY off in asking price.........when you look at what WMF had it bought for and 5050's Bullet @$40K, which I think is the best priced on the market, I think any logical person would take the 20 year newer boat for the money it would take to buy mystique, correct WMF??????

Bill is a great guy, and his boat was perfect!! All Performace boat ( Cigarette) owners will need to look at thier price when it comes out what he sold his Mystique for, the problem is it does not matter what you pay for a boat, or your credit score these days, it is what you put down, what you really make( business owners) and what you have in the bank!!!!! I dont care how cheap it is, banks dont care right now!!!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 05:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 637 Likes on 297 Posts

Originally Posted by WMF
Bill is a great guy, and his boat was perfect!! All Performace boat ( Cigarette) owners will need to look at thier price when it comes out what he sold his Mystique for, the problem is it does not matter what you pay for a boat, or your credit score these days, it is what you put down, what you really make( business owners) and what you have in the bank!!!!! I dont care how cheap it is, banks dont care right now!!!!!
Bingo!! You better have close to 50% down and still Bank of America will tell you NO PERFORMANCE boats.
So Good luck!! AND it doesnt matter what you have in the bank.

O on another note B O A NO longer has MY money!!!!!!!!!!!

Quinlan
Old 03-03-2009, 06:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a few people that had financing issues on something the NADA says is worth 6 figures. It is currently a tough banking environment.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

listen, ive known billy literally my whole life and this was by no means a blowout or fire sale. For any of you that dont know him, he is a fanatic about the stuff he has, and I wouldnt be surprised if his boat was one of the cleanest and best taken care of 2000's that any of you have seen. With that said, the boat was priced where it should be to sell, not too low and not too high.

Also, I know what WMF had it bought for, and take this however you want, but this boat being a 2000 and the price WMF had it bought for, makes all of the 20 year old Bullets WAYYYYY off in asking price.........when you look at what WMF had it bought for and 5050's Bullet @$40K, which I think is the best priced on the market, I think any logical person would take the 20 year newer boat for the money it would take to buy mystique, correct WMF??????
I'd have to somewhat disagree with that. Being Bman found what must have been an awesome deal on a Gladiator, thta must have had some affect on what he was able to sell the Mystique for. I know, i lived it, i owned a 2000 29' Fountian when i bought the mystique. As soon as i bought the Mystique the price dropped on the Fountian. It doesnt take long to drop the price when your add up the carrying cost on 2 boats. Had i not saved on the Cig, i might not have been able to dump the fountain?

buy boat 2 for 30k less than market value, sell boat 1 for 20k less than market, still up 10k.... does that "set" the market??? yes and no
Old 03-03-2009, 07:24 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 813 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by oklaoutlaw
Bingo!! You better have close to 50% down and still Bank of America will tell you NO PERFORMANCE boats.
So Good luck!! AND it doesnt matter what you have in the bank.

O on another note B O A NO longer has MY money!!!!!!!!!!!

Quinlan
Not to throw this thread off topic (because I would hate to detract from yet another thread on market values) But BOA is a HORRIBLE bank. I still have one or two accounts with them because I had a DD coming out and can't figure out how in the hell to change it - damn student loans!!
Old 03-03-2009, 09:30 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rlj676
If you read old posts going back to 06 even, it has been a "buyers market" from what I can tell, so some people holding out may be missing real buyers, but only time will tell.

If his price was right for that boat, I'd say it'd been sold by now as clearly there are more buyers than sellers of Mystiques. Everything is only worth what someone will pay. I'd probably be willing to closer to 79 but can't/shouldn't, perhaps someone else can and will.

This debate will go on forever, but hell it's fun to speculate!

Some "buyers" are completely missing the point. If an Enzo sells today for $20k because the owner needs a quick $20k, that does not mean that all Ferrari Enzo's are now worth $20k. No....it doesn't, and there will be no Enzo in the driveway regardless of what someone "thinks" they should be able to buy for. It's the exact same scenario with boats.

One distress sale does NOT set the market. If it did, the self proclaimed "buyers", would have a boat by now. If the boat has to sit until the correct number comes, so be it. The "right" price, is ultimately determined by the seller, not the buyer.

The part that is humorous to some of us, is that this IS a great time to get a good deal on a boat, but some are still so misinformed on how the market works, that they are STILL boatless!! It really shows who's trying to be on the water this year, and who's still just showing off on the internet, year after year.

The Mystiques are sweet! They are a tough sale because the buyers in that price range have many choices that include bigger boats. That does not mean they are worth $15k as a result, it just takes a more specific buyer......similar to a Gladiator sale.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 301 Likes on 144 Posts

Market value is the price at which an asset would trade in a competitive Walrasian auction setting

With that being said, the seller has no say on what market value is.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Market value is the price at which an asset would trade in a competitive Walrasian auction setting

I understand you, and everyone with a different point of view than myself.

My question is:

If the seller has no say in the matter, then why are so many that share the opinion you posted, still boatless? I could understand if boats were consistently selling for these lowball offers, but they're not? The same people that swear they know how to buy, and what the market is, are still being denied? It almost sounds like the ones shopping think everyone selling are being forced to, and have to take any offer?
Old 03-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

not sure what you are trying to say there,

if seller had no say, than you and everyone wanting a Mystique would own one.. however the 2 for sale are still not sold, thus seller holding out for right buyer, and i think in the end seller having all the say

Quick Reply: WTB: Mystique, Vice or Updated 35's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.