Mistress (1985) Fuel Tank Setup >

Mistress (1985) Fuel Tank Setup

Notices

Mistress (1985) Fuel Tank Setup

Old 05-31-2009, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mistress (1985) Fuel Tank Setup

Hope you all have had a good weekend. I started tearing in to my new toy. It's great to be working on boats again.

There are no obvious fuel tank switching valves on my boat, only one filler cap, and both engines pull from one tank (verified by seeing where the bungs are welded into the aft center of the tank). I would conclude there is only one tank? Necesarily true? Any idea on capacity?

Quick update on engines. Both are now sitting on stands. Good news was that they had BW trans and the trans oil looked great. Both engines also have Merlin FE heads with some decent valvetrain on them. Bad news was that port side engine's raw water pump impeller disintegrated, clogged the first oil cooler, starved all water the engine. Lots of water in the oil. Keep your fingers crossed it's just a head gasket. Will start getting into the long blocks this week

Thanks for your help, Randy
Old 06-02-2009, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Randy ,my 78 mistress is running both motors off aft tank,but I also have a tank in forward cabin under berth.I believe 125 gallons apiece.Few pics of tanks.Keep us posted with more pics.
Attached Thumbnails Mistress (1985) Fuel Tank Setup-cig-dogs-024.jpg   Mistress (1985) Fuel Tank Setup-cig-dogs-056.jpg   Mistress (1985) Fuel Tank Setup-cig-dogs-023.jpg  

Mistress (1985) Fuel Tank Setup-blue-angels-july-2007-068.jpg