Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Not sold, come and get it >

Not sold, come and get it

Notices

Not sold, come and get it

Old 10-02-2009, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wild, it kills me to hear your deal didn't go through. Again, I'm in love with that boat and would buy it in a heart beat if business wasn't so poor at the moment.

Anybody who's looking, this boat is well worth what Wild's asking. It's a beautiful TG!
Old 10-02-2009, 03:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Is this boat still down at Matt's ?
Old 10-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JUSTGOLF
Is this boat still down at Matt's ?
yep, ready to go
Old 10-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps
I love that TG.....wanna try your hand at selling a great condition 2002 Formula 382??? I'll trade you and you can start over with this one!

PS. Buyers suck!! I bought to re-sell a number of cruisers back in the day and saw that crap more than I thought possible.
i got a buddy with a 03 38 fasttech and he cant give it away either
Old 10-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 88 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Schweeng
PM and Wild - that sucks!!! Did either of you get a deposit of any kind? I would think if the guy isn't completely serious he won't give the deposit up... the outcome for you is you know much sooner that there is no deal and your time isn't wasted.

If you did get a deposit - are you keeping it?

Good luck.

Chris
I didn't get a deposit because I thought he was a stand-up type of guy. This wasn't his first Cig, Phil knew him and he had been all over the country looking at boats. The final deal was consumated over the phone and I thought a former well known Cig owner could be trusted. The buyers finance institution was equally disgusted. I am also in the car business and this very rarely ever happens to me. Looks like performance boats bring out questionable individuals that are master hull strokers.

Last edited by pm203; 10-02-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about this Randy. I was hung out once bad by someone I trusted. Happy to say my recent purchase went very well. It's nice to know there are still stand-up people out there. I'd rather keep the faith than live the negative.

Hopefully you'll get her sold soon. I like the looks of your replacement. Too bad Matt wouldn't let me take her for a spin....
Old 10-04-2009, 03:18 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild
i got a buddy with a 03 38 fasttech and he cant give it away either
Same hear!! should have just bought a 38 TS Top Gun!!! last year when I wanted a Mystique everyone wanted one, now nothing!! Good luck with the sale!!
Old 10-05-2009, 06:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pm203
I didn't get a deposit because I thought he was a stand-up type of guy. This wasn't his first Cig, Phil knew him and he had been all over the country looking at boats. The final deal was consumated over the phone and I thought a former well known Cig owner could be trusted. The buyers finance institution was equally disgusted. I am also in the car business and this very rarely ever happens to me. Looks like performance boats bring out questionable individuals that are master hull strokers.
Boats take too long to sell with surveys, etc. Gives people too much time to come down with a case of buyers remorse. I just bought a new F350 crew cab, 8' box, diesel, 4x4. I've got 300 miles on it and if I could I would take it back and buy a used rig 5 years old. Just my opinion, but if boats were sold like cars and you just back up to it and tow it away the same day you see it, there would be a lot less of these deals falling apart.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by WMF
Sorry to hear, not right for someone to jerk you around!! I would be interested in my Mystique would sell!! but I think I will have my boat till next year!!!
lets make a trade
Old 10-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Frequency
Sorry to hear about this Randy. I was hung out once bad by someone I trusted. Happy to say my recent purchase went very well. It's nice to know there are still stand-up people out there. I'd rather keep the faith than live the negative.

Hopefully you'll get her sold soon. I like the looks of your replacement. Too bad Matt wouldn't let me take her for a spin....
Hope you enjoy the Cafe. It was a pleasure meeting you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.