Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Bullet VS Outlaw >

Bullet VS Outlaw

Notices

Bullet VS Outlaw

Old 11-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello gys. i have also a cafe, my boat-buddy a bullet. my last boat where a outlaw (fairly i must told, a 24`. but often ride in a 33outlaw from an other buddy). my impression about both manufacturers is that cigs are verry more styrdy an solid fom each bolt. - from the cleats to the bolsters, from the (havyer) composite to the stringers a cig is more massive...an this is the secred in rough stuff!! for all this i less some miles (in smooth water) with a smile...
Old 11-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 3,307 Likes on 1,075 Posts

I think you'll be hard pressed to find either a Cig guy talking sh!t about a Baja or a Baja guy talking sh!t about a Cig. Many, many cig owners came from Bajas and most cig owners can appreciate the old school (cigarette) lines of Baja. As such, I think many Baja owners love the lines of cigs and would like to own a Cig some day.

I don't think there's much "debate" between the two. Most owners of either camp give respect where it's due.

Having come from a Baja I can't say much negative about them. And I'd own another any day!
Old 11-05-2009, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
I think you'll be hard pressed to find either a Cig guy talking sh!t about a Baja or a Baja guy talking sh!t about a Cig. Many, many cig owners came from Bajas and most cig owners can appreciate the old school (cigarette) lines of Baja. As such, I think many Baja owners love the lines of cigs and would like to own a Cig some day.

I don't think there's much "debate" between the two. Most owners of either camp give respect where it's due.

Having come from a Baja I can't say much negative about them. And I'd own another any day!
Great post!
Old 11-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

oh sh1t im liking this thread. Any pics of some older cigs running the ruff stuff?
-Mike
Old 11-06-2009, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 30 Posts

I've owned a 28 Cig and 3 Baja's including my current 29.

The Cig is definitely a more solidly built boat but I wouldn't take anything away from my Baja either. Like Tank said, I think most Baja guys know what Cigs are made of.

My 29 has some features that the Bullet doesn't, huge cabin, wider beam, etc.

Would I trade it for an equally equipped Bullet? I'd say yes, primarily because I mostly boat in the ocean. BUT, I run the Baja pretty hard and have in 3 footers without backing down! I guess the big question is how long can I do that for and how will the Baja hold up over time. I've had it for 3 years now and so far, so good.

I would like to move up to a Gun or Cafe Racer someday though but I wouldn't rule out a 36 or 40 Outlaw either. It depends on the $. You will get into a Baja for less.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
Great post!
Couldn't agree more. Wouldn't be looking at any Cigs if it weren't for the Baja I have now.

You'll be hard pressed to find anyone with our hobby/passion for go fasts that doesn't like Cigs.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
I've owned a 28 Cig and 3 Baja's including my current 29.

The Cig is definitely a more solidly built boat but I wouldn't take anything away from my Baja either. Like Tank said, I think most Baja guys know what Cigs are made of.

My 29 has some features that the Bullet doesn't, huge cabin, wider beam, etc.

Would I trade it for an equally equipped Bullet? I'd say yes, primarily because I mostly boat in the ocean. BUT, I run the Baja pretty hard and have in 3 footers without backing down! I guess the big question is how long can I do that for and how will the Baja hold up over time. I've had it for 3 years now and so far, so good.

I would like to move up to a Gun or Cafe Racer someday though but I wouldn't rule out a 36 or 40 Outlaw either. It depends on the $. You will get into a Baja for less.
Wider beam on a 29 Outlaw than a Bullet? Definatly more cockpit space in the Baja. But the Bullets cabin is really big. I guess it depends if you use the boat to sleep on at all. I will be spending some weekends on it , so happy to have the larger cabin. I like the lines of the Outlaw, but I think they should of had alittle less cockpit, and more bow. I like a long Azz bow in front of you. To me, thats an offshore boat. Smaller cockpit, All bow!!
Old 11-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Kreed i couldnt agree more. I love a long bow. I wish the Cafe had less cockpit/engine bay room since there is a sh1t ton of it and another 2.5 of bow. Take the 1 from engine bay and 1.5 from cockpit and have the long bow to crush better. Although need to think of weight dist. and gravity center. to much in back sucks to plane
Just a though
-Mike
Old 11-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Kreed i couldnt agree more. I love a long bow. I wish the Cafe had less cockpit/engine bay room since there is a sh1t ton of it and another 2.5 of bow. Take the 1 from engine bay and 1.5 from cockpit and have the long bow to crush better. Although need to think of weight dist. and gravity center. to much in back sucks to plane
Just a though
-Mike
Yea Mike, your boat is going to be a WAVE CRUSHER! I know that Franks is , and he doesnt even have trannys or heavier TRS drives. I think your going to love the ride of your boat... I saw that you had a Stainless marine manifold. Is it gone? Let me know. Thanks.....Kevin
Old 11-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Take the 1 from engine bay and 1.5 from cockpit and have the long bow to crush better.
-Mike
Isnt that a top gun?

i like how much room the cafe has. u can sit on the rear bench w/out hitting your knees on the bolsters, even enough room to have someone standing behind the bolsters while someone sits.

The engine bay i can lay down in front of the motors, even with blowers, to do some work.

I do wish the bow was longer, but thats what a bigger model is for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.