Full Cabin - List to Starboard? >

Full Cabin - List to Starboard?

Notices

Full Cabin - List to Starboard?

Old 01-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine torque still?

Although the props are counter-rotating, the engines are both standard rotation and therefore applying the same torque to the drives. My TRS boat is set up this way. Just a thought?
Old 01-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Registered

My cousin's 93 TG (w/ TRS) does this same thing. We have to drag the starboard tab down about 2-3 clicks lower than the port to get it to level out.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lucky strike
See if you have any pictures of the back of your boat taken while it is tied up at a dock. I've seen quite a few top guns that lean to the right when there not moving.
I think I noticed that the boat does seem to lean a little towards starboard when not moving. I always told myself it was my imagination because it was a Cigarette, right. Maybe it is weight distribution, but I have put a lot of weight on the port, and removed some on the starboard. I put my anchor with chain that weighs about 90lbs on the port back seat. I took out my toilet on the starboard, and nothing changed. I think my freshwater holding tank is on the port side, which is empty and has no water in it. Maybe I should feel it up with lead. I'm starting to think that Cigarette didn't balance the boat very well. Once I hit a big wave. When the boat was airborn, the boat shifted to starboard in the air. I didn't like that. It seem that if the boat is empty, the boat is not balanced. I wonder how many gallons of water the freshwater holding tank has. Maybe that will cancel the weight of the ice chest.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:08 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,297 Likes on 449 Posts

dont underestimate the full cooler everytime, think of the weight of drinks/food and ice, i bet it can easily be 80-100 lbs, ice weighs less than water, as it melts a gallon of water is 7.5 lbs.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
If the boat floats level at the dock then the problem isn't weight distribution.
It has to be something wrong with the running surface.
I agree
Old 01-27-2010, 07:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
dont underestimate the full cooler everytime, think of the weight of drinks/food and ice, i bet it can easily be 80-100 lbs, ice weighs less than water, as it melts a gallon of water is 7.5 lbs.
I'll fill up a freshwater holding tank, it is empty. That should help. Does anybody know how much water the freshwater holding tank holds on a 1994 full cabin TG.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:20 AM
Registered

I don't think the freshwater tank holds enough to make much of a difference. I thought some of the listing under power may have been due to the motors torqueing the boat over some, will pay more attention once we get back on the water.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:33 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

12 gallons from what my book says but its an 87 pamflet.
-Mike
Old 01-27-2010, 01:50 PM
Registered

I think he has to much ice in his cooler.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by dnebo
I think he has to much ice in his cooler.

Try filling the cooler with"light beer"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.