Towing for 31 Bullet

Old 05-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
d

HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you are joking. I don't feel like my F350 dually is enough truck!!

LOL! I also tow my Cafe with a 1500 Z71, but only from the covered storage to the ramp, about 1/2 mile and to the gas station, about 3 miles. And I certainly know its back there! But, the electric brakes really help.

Towed it up from Houston with a crew cab dually, and that was a piece of cake.

Funny thing, my truck pulls it up the ramp with less drama. I'm a bit light on tongue weight, so the dually (4x2) will spin if the ramp is wet, the 1500 is 4x4 and pulls it right out.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 824 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by Panic Button
My F350 pulls my Cafe fine, but I don't feel safe towing over 60mph with it, I have the "Tow Boss" package and electric/hydr drum brakes on the trailer.
Yeah - mine obviously pulls it pretty well, but I still would like more truck to really feel comfortable.

Funny you say that because if there isn't any traffic I feel like the boat tows better at 75 than at 60.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 824 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by anewway
LOL! I also tow my Cafe with a 1500 Z71, but only from the covered storage to the ramp, about 1/2 mile and to the gas station, about 3 miles. And I certainly know its back there! But, the electric brakes really help.

Towed it up from Houston with a crew cab dually, and that was a piece of cake.

Funny thing, my truck pulls it up the ramp with less drama. I'm a bit light on tongue weight, so the dually (4x2) will spin if the ramp is wet, the 1500 is 4x4 and pulls it right out.
HA - I have never put mine in 4x4, but on occasion at a lower tide I will spin the rears a little on the way out....
Old 05-28-2010, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tow my 28 SS with twin 454's on a tripple axle trailer with surge brakes everywhere, coast to coast, behind my 3/4 ton Dodge 4x4 with Diesel.
The boat wet I would guess is close to a Bullet with no problem. I have towed it behing my GMC Yukon with the HD tow package, not the Suburban long wheel base version, and the brakes were the best part. It's a half ton vehicle with a short wheel base. I didn't even like pulling an open car trailer behind the Yukon. The Yukon/Tahoe are better for ski boats and horse trailers.

Last edited by Crallscars; 06-01-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 71 Posts

I have an 06' Escalade that wouldnt even THINK about towing my Bullet. Boat is way too heavy.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:54 PM
Registered

I'm with you Kreed! I toe my TOP GUN with a standard 4x4 dodge dually, and that makes me nervious. I could not imagine towing that with an Escalade. That's flat out dangerous.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Emerald Coast of Florida
Gold Member

Originally Posted by seafordguy
Yeah - mine obviously pulls it pretty well, but I still would like more truck to really feel comfortable.

Funny you say that because if there isn't any traffic I feel like the boat tows better at 75 than at 60.
Pulling from Vegas to FL I has it up to 70-75 at times, but with 4.30 rear the mileage tanked. I really miss Nevada, I could get away with a "R"' licence that would let me get away with towing the beat. In FL I had to have a commercial license.