Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
36 Gladiators, how do they run?? >

36 Gladiators, how do they run??

Notices

36 Gladiators, how do they run??

Old 06-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been on a gladiator with a staggered twin 575 set up. They handle chop and mild wakes very well and comfortably also. The lack of a rubrail does create a disadvantage though when it comes to docks (gotta make sure the boat doesn't get scratched up). And gladiators have stepped hulls, because when in doubt, trim it out.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by cuposterchild
PM what is the major difference between stag vs non? The way it flies and rides? I like the side-by-side just based on the room in the cockpit. Also what are the advantages if any of a narrow cockpit to wide? Bring more weight to the center?
I just prefer the staggered because I like that set-up. It is kind of like the next generation of the Gladiator. I have been in both set-ups, and they both ride nice. But, I think most people would prefer the staggered. As far as the cockpit, the narrow cockpit just looks cooler, nothing to do with weight or center of gravity.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:39 AM
Registered

Like everyone has said, whether it's a wide or narrow cockpit, stag or not, you still have a gladiator. One of the best performing boats around and in limited numbers.. Not only will you have a glad, but it's obviously only made by 1 company...

CIG #1...

You can't go wrong..
Old 06-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by joefitness123
Like everyone has said, whether it's a wide or narrow cockpit, stag or not, you still have a gladiator. One of the best performing boats around and in limited numbers.. Not only will you have a glad, but it's obviously only made by 1 company...

CIG #1...

You can't go wrong..
I couldn't have said it better! Thats totally true.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by MiniHawk
The lack of a rubrail does create a disadvantage though when it comes to docks (gotta make sure the boat doesn't get scratched up). stepped hulls, .
So true. The beautiful lines without the rubrails is what makes this boat so good looking. But, when you get to the dock, you just have to be prepared. But even if you had rubrails, with any nice noat with nice paint, you still have to be careful.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Registered

Does lipship still have their 700sci boat or did they sell it? It doesn't get better than that.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sold.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
But, when you get to the dock, you just have to be prepared.

But even if you had rubrails, with any nice noat with nice paint, you still have to be careful.

I totally agree.

My Top Guns with rubrails, were just as easy to scratch as my Skater with no rubrail is. I have always been the type to put the bumpers out BEFORE I approach the dock, so my method didn't change when I went to the Skater with no rubrail.

If you are one that puts the bumpers out after you've already "docked" the boat, the risk is obviously much higher that you will scratch the boat, with or without a rubrail.

The no rubrail aspect is one of the best parts about the Gladiators' style. I couldn't imagine it being a deal breaker for ANY reason, unless the person shopping is literally a first time boater of ANY kind, which means they probably shouldn't be starting with this type of boat anyway.

Last edited by BLee; 06-29-2010 at 01:34 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Brandon,
Rob (offshoredrillin) can sell you or anyone that may want it a 3m clear rubrail. It is the same stuff they put on the front of cars to save them from stone chipping. The gauge is thicker, and I think its not such a bad idea. It definetely would help for some of the lighter taps against the docks.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kageman
Thinking about buying a Gladiator, I boat in Lake Michigan and may do some boating in Miami during winter. Was hoping to get some opinions how these boats handle choppy water? I assume better setup is staggered rather than side by side? And are they pretty stable at speed?

Like all boats, I am sure they have a few quirks, what should I look for when checking them out.

Any info that can be offered would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Awesome! Thats all you need to know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.