Top Gun hunting... >

Top Gun hunting...

Notices

Top Gun hunting...

Old 07-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Gun hunting...

Anyone know anything about either of these boats?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o29278-en.html

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/6219

Thanks!
Old 07-18-2010, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 408 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonmd2
Not bad prices for either of them... Both look like a good deal....
Jr.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:35 AM
Registered

Received 3,307 Likes on 1,075 Posts

I'm pretty positive the first boat was originally a Lake Texoma boat that went to a guy that was a freaquent member here a few years back from Vegas. He had some bad luck with the boat (motors cracked one winter due to not being winterized), shop he took it too left it out in the sun (interior destroyed), finally got some new motors in and fixed the interior then sold it. The guy that bought it had a buddy that posted on here a bunch. They fixed a bunch of stuff with the boat after buying it from Vegas. Sounded like they got all the gremlins worked out and the thing was a sweet ride! It actually has the old swim step from my boat on it

The second boat I don't know but between the two, I'd take the first boat. Newer, updated interior, newer motors and with those 502's in the second boat you're going to get a max speed of like 60 mph! Not knockin the second boat but when they're equally priced, I think the first one offers more. Just my .02

Just buy my boat...I'll deliver it to you!!
Old 07-19-2010, 05:58 AM
Registered

Wow I'm impressed tank!! That's basically the story I got from the guy on the first boat...minus the interior being ruined and replaced He said he rebuilt the other motor once he bought it and put hydraulic steering on it I heard these older ones without it are a b!tch to dock

I agree also, out of the two the first one seems to offer a lot more.

PM or e-mail me more details on your boat please...not sure if it's in my price range...but definitely want to know more.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
I'm pretty positive the first boat was originally a Lake Texoma boat that went to a guy that was a freaquent member here a few years back from Vegas. He had some bad luck with the boat (motors cracked one winter due to not being winterized), shop he took it too left it out in the sun (interior destroyed), finally got some new motors in and fixed the interior then sold it. The guy that bought it had a buddy that posted on here a bunch. They fixed a bunch of stuff with the boat after buying it from Vegas. Sounded like they got all the gremlins worked out and the thing was a sweet ride! It actually has the old swim step from my boat on it

The second boat I don't know but between the two, I'd take the first boat. Newer, updated interior, newer motors and with those 502's in the second boat you're going to get a max speed of like 60 mph! Not knockin the second boat but when they're equally priced, I think the first one offers more. Just my .02

Just buy my boat...I'll deliver it to you!!
tank how fast is your's?
Old 07-19-2010, 08:36 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 824 Likes on 384 Posts

Take the first one of those two. The second one has to be ready for a complete refresh at 430 hours, it would hardly get out of it's own way with that power in it, it DOESN"T have external Hydraulic steering, it is the OLD cabin syle, the dark pading around the cockpit makes it look dated, the huge black speakers that you can see in the cockpit wreak of hackjob. Also I am not sure how well the trailer on that one fits seeing as how in every shot it is 4 feet from the bumpstop - makes me question fitament.

My .02.....
Old 07-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/boa/1829018837.html
-Mike
Old 07-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Registered

seafordguy thanks for the feedback...I would definiately lean towards the '93 between those two. It just amazes how these things are priced...doesn't seem to be any consistancy or logic...they're all over the place!
Old 07-19-2010, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

If I were in the market for that type of boat I would buy Tanks.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 3,307 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Originally Posted by ar15meister
tank how fast is your's?
75. Warmed 525sc's to SSM 3a's.

Thanks for the plug Steve. Jason and I have talked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.