Cigarette in Australia >

Cigarette in Australia

Notices

Cigarette in Australia

Old 09-29-2010, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cigarette in Australia

hi guys here is some footage of my cig in the port of melbourne, ****ty area, i'll post some good footage soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWAIuPV86Vc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-iv-qD5HA0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEpSC2I17oM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwxSkF8_OJs
Old 09-29-2010, 09:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 88 Likes on 36 Posts

Looks and sounds great!
Old 09-29-2010, 11:38 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Nice! But tell your buddy those wind deflectors come up on there own. Also personal opinion get that sticker off the door to the cabin. Cigs shouldnt have stickers on them. I like the Cig pad above the entrance though nice idea.
-Mike
Old 09-29-2010, 04:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks great!
Old 09-29-2010, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 396 Likes on 221 Posts

Is this the same boat??????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyK4riVRrsQ

I remember when it was forsale.... It looked really nice!
Jr.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:35 PM
Registered

Yes that is the same boat. I was totally screwed on it when i got it. The engines were stuffed. I never new until i got it to australia. I believed the guy who sold it to me that it had "fully rebuilt engines". He seemed like a great guy...oh well, i was conned. Anyway, that is past now.
I bought some supercharged 502 mercs from Cobra. I've had the legs rebuilt although it would have been smarter with hindsight to have bought newer better legs. Dnebo on this site built the hatch.

I"m going to have it resprayed next year so it looks more modern.

My mate tells me "there is no such thing as a cheap porsche" when he talks about porsches ie you buy one cheap you pay in the long run....well, i've just coined a new saying "there is no such thing as a cheap cigarette!".

Last edited by priceb; 09-29-2010 at 09:36 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 09-29-2010, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 396 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by priceb
Yes that is the same boat. I was totally screwed on it when i got it. The engines were stuffed. I never new until i got it to australia. I believed the guy who sold it to me that it had "fully rebuilt engines". He seemed like a great guy...oh well, i was conned. Anyway, that is past now.
I bought some supercharged 502 mercs from Cobra. I've had the legs rebuilt although it would have been smarter with hindsight to have bought newer better legs. Dnebo on this site built the hatch.

I"m going to have it resprayed next year so it looks more modern.

My mate tells me "there is no such thing as a cheap porsche" when he talks about porsches ie you buy one cheap you pay in the long run....well, i've just coined a new saying "there is no such thing as a cheap cigarette!".
Thats funny!! I do remember when it was forsale. It did look like a great deal.... I hate to hear that happened to you...
Jr.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:13 PM
Registered

I paid $65usd for my cig. If at the time (before the gfc) i'd paid an extra 35k i would have got a dramatically better cig. All in all, I still love what i have and if someone in australia wanted to buy it i'd sell it and buy a newer tougher cig!.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:20 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by priceb
if someone in australia wanted to buy it, i'd sell it and buy a newer tougher cig!.

That's what you should do!

There CAN'T be many Cigarette's down there, and now that you have it running good, this could be the best time to try selling it in an area like that, where it would be such a rare boat. Since it runs & looks great now, I bet you could get a pretty good price for it down there, from someone that doesn't want to put in the effort you did to find one, & get it shipped down there. You could just sell it ready to run, and go shop for your bigger tougher Cigarette!