42x  and 42 tiger >

42x and 42 tiger

Notices

42x and 42 tiger

Old 08-19-2015, 01:03 PM
mmb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going out on a limb here but pretty sure the last year of the tigers used the X bottom. Simon ordered a new myco for his 2004 Tiger and it didnt fit the boat at all. Had to be completly redone....
Old 08-21-2015, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 3,219 Likes on 1,044 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
Old thread, but I'm looking at a 42 Tiger.....so would it be safe to say that a big power Tiger T/S with #6's would be something to not bother looking at?
You know, I wrote that a loooooong time ago and while the information remains the same, I'd be interested in a TS Tiger at a good price like the one that just popped up in Nor cal. The fact that cig hadn't perfected the bottom in the early 2000's
Wouldn't scare me off. It is what it is. I don't think it's horrible. They just perfected it with the 42X and made it more proficient.

But then again, I'd even consider a single step cig at the right price!

Last edited by thisistank; 08-21-2015 at 08:48 AM.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 582 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
You know, I wrote that a loooooong time ago and while the information remains the same, I'd be interested in a TS Tiger at a good price like the one that just popped up in Nor cal. The fact that cig hadn't perfected the bottom in the early 2000's
Wouldn't scare me off. It is what it is. I don't think it's horrible. They just perfected it with the 42X and made it more proficient.

Never heard of a single step
Old 08-26-2015, 12:09 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by hogie roll
Never heard of a single step
Only a couple of them, all 38 top guns...
,,,right Tank? 1999-ish vintage or so I think.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Only a couple of them, all 38 top guns...
,,,right Tank? 1999-ish vintage or so I think.
Yes. Only a handful and they are Ill tempered to say the least. But I really love the blue cloud Prior F2 gun. Rob shins finger print single step was really nice too.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

TS Tigers are awesome boats with stock Merc power and handle great. They just a get a little squirelly over 90 ish and do not like big power.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:54 PM
Registered

The 188th street edition 42 is a 120 MPH boat, a few have owned it and never had any handling issues.

Dean
Old 08-29-2015, 01:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by soggy bottom
The 188th street edition 42 is a 120 MPH boat, a few have owned it and never had any handling issues.

Dean
hey dean, you know there's a handful of people on here that have a lot of knowledge about cigs like you and pm and a bunch of others and I would never stear someone away from a sale of a TS big powered original Tiger, I'm only stating that the 42X handles better this the reason cig went with the newer designed bottom over the older. I mean, it's like any brand that improves itself: the newer is just better. Doesn't mean don't buy it. Just means it ain't gonna perform like the newer designed bottoms. No disrespect meant or trying to stear someone away. Just putting the info out there. Like I said - I'd buy the TS big powered number 6 tiger all day long. Especially the one in nor cal at that price!!!

Just like id buy a single step at the right price. And id buy a gladiator. There's just some boats that are drivers boats. Know what you're buying. Know how to run them and you'll be good to go.

Respect.

Last edited by thisistank; 08-29-2015 at 01:44 AM.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:09 AM
Registered

Hey Tank, I never thought that for even a moment speaking of which anyone know that masterpiece ended up?

Dean
Old 08-29-2015, 06:22 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

hey dean, you know there's a handful of people on here that have a lot of knowledge about cigs like you and pm and a bunch of others and I would never stear someone away from a sale of a TS big powered original Tiger, I'm only stating that the 42X handles better this the reason cig went with the newer designed bottom over the older. I mean, it's like any brand that improves itself: the newer is just better. Doesn't mean don't buy it. Just means it ain't gonna perform like the newer designed bottoms. No disrespect meant or trying to stear someone away. Just putting the info out there. Like I said - I'd buy the TS big powered number 6 tiger all day long. Especially the one in nor cal at that price!!!

Just like id buy a single step at the right price. And id buy a gladiator. There's just some boats that are drivers boats. Know what you're buying. Know how to run them and you'll be good to go.

Respect.
The 188th st. Boat was really an early 42x. It was staggered and had the relief step. A buddy of mine owned it and was very stable at speeds over 100. My TS Tiger has 800hp Zuls in it and is an awesome boat. I have had the boat to 96mph and it is a handful at that speed. What's crazy is if you run it between 90-94 the boat is great, but if get it over that speed it seems as if it is unsure what part of the pad it wants to ride on. With some advice from Tres Martin I had changed the X dimension with spacers. This improved the ride of the power by quite a bit. For anyone who wants to run a TS Tiger at 100mph I would want them to know you are going to have to drive it. But for anyone who is looking for a great wave crusher and a real fun boat that will run mid 80's in real 3' to 4' seas don't hesitate to grab one. They run 86-87 with 575's. And if anyone wants one that is near perfect with Zul's let me know 😀

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.