1995 Top gun "head" problem... >

1995 Top gun "head" problem...

Notices

1995 Top gun "head" problem...

Old 11-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Top gun "head" problem...

Hey guys, need some help regarding the head in my TG. I have read through most of the posts on head/toilet issues but still have a couple questions...

So here's the situation. I have opened the valves under stbd seat with boat in water (I have the enclosed head w/holding tank setup) and pushed the button to test it out...notihng happens, pump doesn't run at all. A couple people have said check the fuse...so that's the first question,

1) where is the fuse located?

Then next question, because I have checked the fuse panel under the steering wheel and the breakers above the seat on the port side and can't find anything.

2) Where should I start to troubleshoot this?

I have read that the pump and holding tank is under the storage compartment in the head, so if I take out that storage compartment will I be able to see the pump? Then just test with a multi-meter? From what I have been told the bathroom has NEVER been used, EVER...think I should just say F*ck it and buy a new pump?

Thanks for any sugesstions and help offered. Need to get this thing working for the females on the boat...can't go 10' without one them having to pee
Old 11-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 161 Likes on 80 Posts

If you take out the storage unit in the head, you will see the pump and the maceator. You could check the voltage at the pump to see it fire. Make sure you have checked the fuse panel and it is getting juice. Also do a search in the cigarette forum, it has been discussed numerous times. Often problems with the holding tank and other things, however the pump should fire and make noise. Good luck, the pump/maceator is a stock item and can be bought relativly cheap at west marine for a boat part.

Good luck
Old 11-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Registered

Hey cigrocket thanks for the reply.

I have searched and read most of the posts, I know that once I get the pump issue resolved I'll probably have issues with the holding tank or other stuff too

Do you know which fuse it is in the panel? And is it in the panel under the steering wheel? I checked those and nothing seemed to correspond to the head, if I remember correctly.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 161 Likes on 80 Posts

My fuse panel was redone, it has breakers and they are under the steering wheel on my boat. They could be tripped, but if I had to guess, I would say it is probably toast from not being used. Especailly in salty air. What I did with mine is replaced the pump and I was good to go. Alot of hassle since my wife uses it maybe twice a year. When its warm enough she gets in the water. Of course we boat in freshwater clean lakes.

Good luck
Old 11-05-2010, 01:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Mine has an inline fuse right by the back of the toilet near the floor.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Registered

Don't use your toilet. It's stinks really bad in the summer, at least in Texas. Your entire cabin will stink so bad that everyone will smell Sh*t and Piss, like a Johnny on the spot. I took mine out, toilet and all, and sealed it up. I had a company cut me a piece of plastic to fill the toilet hole. It actually looks nice. You can't get the holding tank out. I used that foamy stuff that you spray and it expands. I sealed the holding tanks inlet and outlet. I purchased a porta potty. My boat is a 1994 Top Gun, and it smells brand new. That's my 2 cents. Also, I think I gained about 0.5 mph by taking out the extra weight.

Last edited by UrbanDisturbance; 11-05-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Registered

Yeah I've checked the fuses under the steering wheel and can't see any that seem to go to/for the macerator pump.

Oldschool thanks for the tip about the inline fuse.

I have to just take out the storage compartment and see what I see down there. I just thought I would try to get some insight before I dove in...

Thanks again for the help guys!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Registered

Urban it will definitely be limited usuage, no sh*itting in it for sure! But have to satisfy my girl, we can't go anywhere without her having to pee if it were up to me it would stay exactly as it is right now, non-operational a lot less work for me and less hassle...I know once I get the pump working the holding tank will probably be leaking
Old 11-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jasonmd2
Urban it will definitely be limited usuage, no sh*itting in it for sure! But have to satisfy my girl, we can't go anywhere without her having to pee if it were up to me it would stay exactly as it is right now, non-operational a lot less work for me and less hassle...I know once I get the pump working the holding tank will probably be leaking
I had the same issue with my wife. I never could get the water to flow or drain very well when we tried to flush it. After it started to smell really bad in 95+ degree weather, she agreed to rip it out and get a porta potty. Needless to say, we have not even used to porta potty. I got her to pee in a cup with a towel underneith just in case she misses. Give it time, you may be able to convert her as well. I would get a porta potty, that way you can take it out of your boat when the day is complete.

Last edited by UrbanDisturbance; 11-05-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 3,219 Likes on 1,044 Posts

Wish I could help Jason but the guy before me nor I ever used that thing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.