Questions for Gladiator owners >

Questions for Gladiator owners

Notices

Questions for Gladiator owners

Old 11-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Back in those days, Mercury claimed that the Dragon had one of the most efficient hulls that they had ever tested at Lake X. Go figure.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by baywatch
I was never a fan of sitdown boats until I spent a couple of days in Joe's old boat with Alex. The boat is very comfortable, and the visibility is more like a cat than a sitdown V. Definately one of the funnest boats I have been in.
Talk about efficient as well. twin 525's and 90+mph!!

We really didn't find much rough water to play in but we hit a bluewater wake at about 75mph and the the boat flew level and landed soft. Here is a little vid I attempted to shoot while throttling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9cWpKWMj3w

Baywatch, once Alex gets a bit more seat time under his belt.He will have that thing running mid 90's without a problem..That boat runs great and is one of the funnest boats around..Have fun Prop testing, that's what it's all about.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:31 AM
Banned

Go to www.YouTube.com/BigMammasHouse

Look for the gladiator videos. They are pretty good!
Old 11-09-2010, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Dan, I know this is apples and oranges, but how would you compare the ride quality and rough water handling characteristics of your Gladiator compared to your Motion?
Originally Posted by freshwaterfiend
I'd like to know too how the Glad compares to the 35 Motion?
Dan, maybe you missed this... would you care to comment? If not publicly, a PM with your thoughts would be appreciated. I'm looking for honest and unbiased thoughts on this.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:04 AM
Registered

I can't speak for Dan, but I had an 07 30XP motion before I purchased the gladiator and I will say, that the glad is a superior boat all the way around.. Motions are nice.. But DO NOT compare to a CIG..

CIG #1
Old 11-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't owned a Gladiator, so feel free to call me a poser.

All of the ones I've been in, have been fun as can be, and the ride & handling was excellent. They've got to be the most fun boat of that style to drive around.

If I wanted the fastest sit down style vee bottom, I would just order a 42 Poker Run Fountain with huge power & 6's.

However, I'd prefer the Gladiator over that for it's looks, quality, & attention to detail. I just think it & the Maximus are the best looking vees out there for my tastes.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLee
I haven't owned a Gladiator, so feel free to call me a poser.

All of the ones I've been in, have been fun as can be, and the ride & handling was excellent. They've got to be the most fun boat of that style to drive around.

If I wanted the fastest sit down style vee bottom, I would just order a 42 Poker Run Fountain with huge power & 6's.

However, I'd prefer the Gladiator over that for it's looks, quality, & attention to detail. I just think it & the Maximus are the best looking vees out there for my tastes.
I've been in the Fountain PR. No visibility. And takes LOTS of driver input to drive. Glad I bought the Glad!
Old 11-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Plus the Fountain PR suffers from ugly disease.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Registered

Alex,

I'm GLAD you bought it as well..

You can't beat the Glad, It is an awesome boat..

Have fun with it..

Old 11-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Cig doesn't have the Glad in production anymore...do you think this will help or hurt the resale value in the future? Could they become as desireable as the 20's someday???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.