Notices

Check this 28SS Cigarette in Detroit

Old 12-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by northernoffshore
yes and it is a steal. I have thought about buying it back again , but ....... I can't believe no ones bought it yet at that price.
Are you Tim T.?
Old 12-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

current owner claims that it is a factory built race boat with extra stringers and bracing is this not true. I am seriously considering buying this boat. thanks for any information on this boat
Old 12-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee
Are you Tim T.?
no,tim tackett bought it from me.here is a before and after pic. top pic is lake mich. and bottom st pete. Very strong and fast boat. I built the fairing and race hatch etc etc. for it.
Attached Thumbnails Check this 28SS Cigarette in Detroit-dsc02950-1-.jpg  

Last edited by northernoffshore; 12-10-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:52 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

OK, I was just wondering as I had raced against Tim in 97-98 in that boat and it did haul azz, in rough and calm water. I also met Todd Cimino (mid-ocean) when he raced with Tim at the Port Clinton race. Then a couple years later it showed up at the Grand Haven race with a different owner, never heard from Tim again.
Boat was very nice back then and was very dialed in, hopefully it is in similar condition.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by northernoffshore
no,tim tackett bought it from me.here is a before and after pic. top pic is lake mich. and bottom st pete. Very strong and fast boat. I built the fairing and race hatch etc etc. for it.
i found an earlier post of yours, you wrote that it is 1976 but current owner is stating that it is a 1979 ??? do you know the history of this boat after you sold it? The current owner took it as partial trade on his bigger cig. and doesn't seem to have very much information on the boat or the engines. thanks

Last edited by BERUBE; 12-13-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

My buddy greg here in Cleveland owned it too
Northern offshore is that u Greg?
Old 12-13-2011, 09:58 PM
Registered

going to have it surveyed thursday. if that goes well should be in my possession and will take out for a quick "burn" on friday to see what i have. if anyone knows who built the motors that are currently in the boat please let me know as the seller doesn't have that info. or any specs on the motors. thanks.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Current pic?
Old 12-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Registered

it is listed on ebay in the detroit classified section. if somebody can link it over to this thread it might help me get some information on it. I have only owned boats with stock power, so i don't exactly know what i am getting into with 500 hp small blocks? how radical do they have to be to make that much power. I like the fact that it does not have blowers. Will i have to service the valve train at specific intervals? will it have a radical cam that will foul out plugs if it idles too long? I guess i will know more on friday. thanks
Old 12-14-2011, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BERUBE
it is listed on ebay in the detroit classified section. if somebody can link it over to this thread it might help me get some information on it. I have only owned boats with stock power, so i don't exactly know what i am getting into with 500 hp small blocks? how radical do they have to be to make that much power. I like the fact that it does not have blowers. Will i have to service the valve train at specific intervals? will it have a radical cam that will foul out plugs if it idles too long? I guess i will know more on friday. thanks
Here you go.......

http://detroit.ebayclassifieds.com/b...bc/?ad=9190352

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.