Selling Playboy

Notices

Selling Playboy

Old 11-29-2010, 07:34 PM
LZH
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Selling Playboy

Well the time has come to part with my boat; I already have a potential buyer but I also plan on putting it up in the classifieds here but had a quick question for you guys.
Would it be better to offer the boat WITH my tow vehicle ('04 GMC diesel dually)? I only use the truck to tow the boat and will not need it if I sell it. Or, would it be better to sell the truck separately? Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I say separately. Most people in the market for a boat like yours will already have what they need to tow it.

I covered myself by saying "most".

Buck
Old 11-29-2010, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

A guy who bought my last boat commenting on a post by a guy who boat the boat before that!
Old 11-29-2010, 08:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with Buck, you could offer the tow vehicle as an additional option, but I would try to keep it simple and sell the boat on it's own merits. A diesel pickup is relatively easy to sell on it's own. Good luck! Steve
Old 11-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 3,307 Likes on 1,075 Posts

What's next Luke? If you're selling the truck, am I to assume, you're getting out of boating? Wish I was ready to buy, I'd snatch that puppy up from you in a heart beat. You've taken excellent care of an already well cared for boat!

Good luck on the sale.

Oh, and list the truck with the ad as an option. I have my 04 Duramax dually for sale right now too. good luck with that sale as well.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamer
A guy who bought my last boat commenting on a post by a guy who boat the boat before that!
It took my redneck brain a few seconds to figure that one out. I'm happy to say three beers later I got it.

Buck
Old 11-29-2010, 10:13 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,264 Likes on 552 Posts

Originally Posted by buck183
It took my redneck brain a few seconds to figure that one out. I'm happy to say three beers later I got it.

Buck
Aren't you guys used to "circled families" out 'dere in 'dem parts?
Old 11-30-2010, 11:22 AM
LZH
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, Tank...It's been fun but I'm afraid it's time to move on. My wife is expecting our first and I'm really not going to have much time at all to use the boat. After all the time and energy I've poured into this boat, it's going to be a bummer letting her go...but I'm sure I'll be back into something in a few years - I'm thinking I'll go the Sunseeker route

Thanks to everyone else for your feedback.

Originally Posted by thisistank
What's next Luke? If you're selling the truck, am I to assume, you're getting out of boating? Wish I was ready to buy, I'd snatch that puppy up from you in a heart beat. You've taken excellent care of an already well cared for boat!

Good luck on the sale.

Oh, and list the truck with the ad as an option. I have my 04 Duramax dually for sale right now too. good luck with that sale as well.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 3,307 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Originally Posted by LZH
Thanks, Tank...It's been fun but I'm afraid it's time to move on. My wife is expecting our first and I'm really not going to have much time at all to use the boat. After all the time and energy I've poured into this boat, it's going to be a bummer letting her go...but I'm sure I'll be back into something in a few years - I'm thinking I'll go the Sunseeker route

Thanks to everyone else for your feedback.
Oh, I hear ya brother. I thought I'd be able to use the boat once our son was born..After only using it 6 times in two years, I came to the conclusion it was time to sell until my son is a bit older and can have fun with me on one.

Congrats on the pregnancy!
Old 11-30-2010, 04:02 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,264 Likes on 552 Posts

Congrats Luke on the little one coming. Good luck with selling that beautiful Cig. I've always like the class of those boats ever since I rode on SummerObsession's years ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.