Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
stainless marine or emi thunder what would you use? >

stainless marine or emi thunder what would you use?

Notices

stainless marine or emi thunder what would you use?

Old 02-24-2011, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS
As far as SM's HT3's I dont see it hurting you, but it may be a bit overkill and it will be even more costly over the standard SM HT kit or the EMI kits with or without dry pipes..

Jamie / Lakeside
The only reason I say go with the 3's is because at least you're not limited by them in the future. I can t tell you how many times I've bought exhaust, headers, carbs, injectors, etc in the past and then decided I wanted to bump the power up later and found I had to re-buy things. At least this way, you wont have to buy yet another set next year when you decide you're going to bolt on a blower! You're right on the fence now, so I would suggest going larger...
Old 02-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SS930
The only reason I say go with the 3's is because at least you're not limited by them in the future. I can t tell you how many times I've bought exhaust, headers, carbs, injectors, etc in the past and then decided I wanted to bump the power up later and found I had to re-buy things. At least this way, you wont have to buy yet another set next year when you decide you're going to bolt on a blower! You're right on the fence now, so I would suggest going larger...
I dont completely disagree & in many cases this is a good attitude to have. However in his case I didnt believe it would benefit him anymore power wise, but it would drain his wallet a bit more because he is set up with 4" tips..

To go with the HT3 set up he needs to convert to 4.5" or 5" tips, or drill out the existing holes & go thur the transom..

Either way noticably more $$ & time over the standard igh torque set up.. Thats all.. I just didnt want to mislead on what it usually entails overall if I can help it..

However you are correct, if he does not mind the initial extra expense tho and he plans to grow some more power in the future he would be ahead of the game..

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations
Old 02-24-2011, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good point Jamie.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a runner length comparisons between the

Imco (B&W)

Stainless Gen 3 (color)

These are both excellent Manifolds.

ONLY the imco has runners that run the entire length of the riser.

The longer each pulse travels before being dumped into an open collector the less each of the pulses "fight" each other during valve overlap and better scavenging you get.

Uncle Dave
Attached Images