Old 09-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 20'

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/boa/2615701259.html
Old 09-26-2011, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 296 Likes on 178 Posts

What do you think a good number is for a 21 cigarette OB? I have the opportunity to pick one up with a trashed interior and 3.0L merc OB. Also has a new transom.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
What do you think a good number is for a 21 cigarette OB? I have the opportunity to pick one up with a trashed interior and 3.0L merc OB. Also has a new transom.
Tex have you investigated this one? The guy who owns it posts over on donzi.net I believe. I'm kinda hunting a 21-22 OB v-hull too. I think I'd rather find a Challenger or Superboat though. Not too many of these Cigs made like this.

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/13704
Old 09-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NickOTeen
Tex have you investigated this one? The guy who owns it posts over on donzi.net I believe. I'm kinda hunting a 21-22 OB v-hull too. I think I'd rather find a Challenger or Superboat though. Not too many of these Cigs made like this.

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/13704
Yes I have. Talked with the guy for a while, but haven't seen the boat. Supposed to be in very good condition, but needs a little upholstery work which I don't mind. Hard to gauge the value of these boats. That one has been for sale for over a year and half, but he started at $17,500. I'd like the price a lot more of it had a 250+hp OB. I may still buy it less power.

I'm looking at another one in LA, was a hurricane damaged boat that got damaged on the side around the rear hatch. Its all white with old school hocky stick red strip and "smokin" on the side They did a lot of glass work and redid the transom, but I don't know to what extent the damage was. It needs alot of work to the interior - new upholstery, gauges moved back to original location, needs floor covering, rubrail, windshield etc. Probably needs atleast $5-7K in work. I'm working on picking it up as a partial trade for my 28 apache, but don't know how easy it would be to sell the hull if I decided not to finish it out. Would be perfect for IO conversion.

Some nice restored superboats and challengers on scream and fly for sale. If I could pick up this cigarette would you be interested in buying it? Send me a PM if your interested.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 09-26-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here's one that i think is worth a look if it still for sale...

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...e-reduced.html
Old 09-29-2011, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean
here's one that i think is worth a look if it still for sale...

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...e-reduced.html
I agree with sean. O.C.'s boat would be a great project.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I spoke to OC the other day and I believe his boat is sold. Yet if you are seriously interested the boat is definately worth following up on. The boat is a very nice original starting point.

Allstar Marine
Fred
Old 09-29-2011, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by allstarmarine
I spoke to OC the other day and I believe his boat is sold. Yet if you are seriously interested the boat is definately worth following up on. The boat is a very nice original starting point.

Allstar Marine
Fred
Hi Fred,

If you don't mind since you know OC, can you confirm it is sold?

I am very interested if it is still available...my CIG 24 needs a playmate :-)

Plus I am going to be in the DC area tomorrow....and the hitch on my dually is gonna be empty..LOL

Thanks,

Dave
Old 09-29-2011, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

78CIG24,
I PM him and asked if it was definately sold or not. He may reply directly to the forum. If he replies to me directly I will let you know.

Fred
Old 09-29-2011, 01:00 PM
Registered

So none of you guys interested in a 21 cig? Curious why not? They are wider and heavier hulls and have a straight deep V unlike the 20's rounded bottom. For what you will have into any 20 restoration this one could be easily converted to I/O. Also sits much higher off the water than the 20. Then there is the gladiator style seating and throttle set up. Thought you guys would be jumping at the bit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.