Notices

Team USA Gladiator

Old 04-24-2012, 09:09 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by akaboatman
Hey what's the update? I hear you may be working something out with Pier 57!
Yep.... you heard right. Scott (Shogren) contacted me and was willing to work something out, which he had no dog in the fight. This occurred prior to Scott buying Pier 57. What a stand up guy!!!!!!

All in one day.... I was set to buy another Skater, and the same day Woods told Scott not to send me the money for the motors that Scott agreed to pay, a "local" Michigan~ian made an offer (which was actually less than what I was willing to pay) to the owner, and he took it --- I don't blame him... the whole bird-in-hand thing. Guess I can chalk it up to a strange day.... LOL. The broker was as shocked as I was. He lost a decent commission over the deal!!!!!

Artie, I actually responded with a more thorough answer in the Hey Joe thread in this Cigarette forum, if you'd like to hear more about the details.

The events are still amazing to me. "Who is he.... and what'd you do with the David Woods I Knew?????" LOL....

Catch ya later.......

Joe
Old 04-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe are You going to go to Destin for Skips Cigarette rendezvous? I will be there.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

well, i heard from two of my good friends this past week. the first said how great of an experience he had with Pier 57 selling his used boat, and another talking about a not-so-agreeable situation --- for completely different reasons. i hate to hear i may possibly not be the only person who has had a difficult time with them. i was hoping it was, for whatever reason, an isolated incident.

on another note, i also hear that congrat's are in order for bruce bullock in becoming the new MTI (and Mystic) dealer.