Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Older 35' Flat Deck questions... >

Older 35' Flat Deck questions...

Notices

Older 35' Flat Deck questions...

Old 04-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Older 35' Flat Deck questions...

I already know they are slow but...I am looking at one that runs just under 70 GPS. How is the ride? How much water do they draw? Where are the problem areas if i dont elect to have it surveyed?
Thank you
Old 04-29-2012, 06:42 PM
Registered

Third bolt in on the bottom row of trim tab is a lag bolt that goes into the stringer (could be a hidden problem area). I would recommend a survey on any boat especially one that age.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 801 Likes on 369 Posts

You will probably have to have it surveyed to insure it so you might as well get it done.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I would say they draw 3 feet sitting still

I think everyone will tell you they ride like tanks.

The price gap between Cafes and mistresses has narrowed in the last couple years - lots of Cafes at reasonable prices so don't rule those out. They have a little more of the modern touch in my opinion.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 161 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
I would say they draw 3 feet sitting still

I think everyone will tell you they ride like tanks.

The price gap between Cafes and mistresses has narrowed in the last couple years - lots of Cafes at reasonable prices so don't rule those out. They have a little more of the modern touch in my opinion.
Cafe's have a nicer cabin, and higher freeboard. I had a mistress, it is a great ride. I had 675HP naturally aspirated and it would run about 78 gps. That was with Konrad drives. Takes alot of power to get them going, smooth, level ride. Good Luck, I can answer any mistress questions that you might have, posting a picture of the boat that you are looking at is also a good idea
Old 04-30-2012, 04:26 PM
Registered

It is an 86. It has 540s in it, Stellings headers, #3 drives etc. It is painted solid white. I suppose I need a photobucket acct to post pics. Im concerned with the amount of water it will draw due to the fact I will be trailering it and alot of the local ramps are shallow...
Old 04-30-2012, 06:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

DEPTH and LENGTH of the ramp are key. The ramp I consistently launch at is pretty long, but I can't show up at low tide - always have to wait an hour or 1.5 off of dead low to be comfortable. I've hung the back two wheels off the ramp, but am VERY CAREFUL not to drop off.

It will take more wetted real estate than you think to get them to float. In the picture below I probably had to go back another 10 feet before I could pull it off.
Attached Thumbnails Older 35' Flat Deck questions...-p6210199.jpg  
Old 05-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Registered

The ramp I launched at was much steeper than Seaford's, it was an easy launch. Based on location of truck and amount of trailer underwater, my Mistress would have been floating by then. This was on a steel Myco.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yeah - Probably should have mentioned that. That ramp I launch on is the nicest set of ramps I've ever been to, but they are not steep at ALL.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 161 Likes on 80 Posts

I also have to add that it depends on the trailer. I had a Prestige Painted Trailer under my Mistress. It sat low to the ground, and the boat launched in places where other boats were getting hung up. Even smaller ones. Some bunks on trailers are designed much higher and you need more depth to get the boat off, just my 2 cents.

You can kind of see how low the boat sat in the trailer from the pictures that I posted. It doesn't take much more water once the back 8 feet are in the water.
Attached Thumbnails Older 35' Flat Deck questions...-cig1.jpg   Older 35' Flat Deck questions...-boat-ii.jpg   Older 35' Flat Deck questions...-konrads.jpg  

Older 35' Flat Deck questions...-driveway-3.jpg   Older 35' Flat Deck questions...-boat31%5B1%5D.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.