Top Gun Cockpit Replacement Project >

Top Gun Cockpit Replacement Project

Notices

Top Gun Cockpit Replacement Project

Old 07-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
I want to save this post...lol it's a boat not a building nothing ever goes smooth...lol
+1 if its not one thing its another...
Old 07-18-2012, 12:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 346 Likes on 117 Posts

I want to save this post...lol it's a boat not a building nothing ever goes smooth...lol
True dat... Just to clarify, I was referring to the back seat possibly not fitting due to cockpit depth. This isn't my first rodeo...

If I can get the back seat in, everything else is easy!
Old 07-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
True dat... Just to clarify, I was referring to the back seat possibly not fitting due to cockpit depth. This isn't my first rodeo...

Craig I measured mine ('95 Gun) and the one I'm putting in ('04 Gun) and the height was the same. The only potential issue might be the width at the steps, might need to "massage" it a little bit to fit, but it shouldn't be a problem...
Old 07-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope that you are wrong!!! I'll let you know in a week or so!
May depend on the year of the TS boat too. I know they put 3 or 4 different styles of seats in them over the years.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Its been a week or so.....update
Old 07-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Its been a week or so.....update
Bring it!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

The width of the cockpit in my boat is 80". The new seat is 80 and 3/4" at the top. Everything else lines up perfectly. I decided to wait until the boating season is over. My moto is always "do it once and do it right" I'll stick with that....

It may fit just fine if the seat structure is taller that what is in there, I didn't measure that. Once it was apparent thatit wasn't something that I could do in an hour or two..... we abandoned the idea, went boating and had some fun. That's how we roll in Edgerock!!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:33 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 302Sport
DONT RIP IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can already see this turning into a "he told me a week, now its the end of august, and i lost the whole summer" thread. put it off until the fall. that is the best advice i can give you.
Just to provide an update...
After measure, re-measuring and then measuring again, the back seat would not fit.

The good news is that I realized this before removing anything! Everything measured out good with the exception of the seat base at the top in the very back. It is 3/4" too wide. I'm dropping off the seat at my upholstery shop today and he is planning to pull the vinyl back and trim a little of the edges and re-attach it. Then she should slid right in!!

Maybe it would fit without doing this (by getting a couple of fatties to jump up and down on it), but I'm willing to take that chance in mid-season.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,281 Likes on 562 Posts

Just to provide an update...
After measure, re-measuring and then measuring again, the back seat would not fit.

The good news is that I realized this before removing anything! Everything measured out good with the exception of the seat base at the top in the very back. It is 3/4" too wide. I'm dropping off the seat at my upholstery shop today and he is planning to pull the vinyl back and trim a little of the edges and re-attach it. Then she should slid right in!!

Maybe it would fit without doing this (by getting a couple of fatties to jump up and down on it), but I'm willing to take that chance in mid-season.
Most of the Cigarettes I have been on have been flimsy enough that it would have set right down in there.

(Just kidding!!!!!!) I look forward to seeing the finished results.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Update... The new back seat is in!!!! 3/8"was shaved off of each side (just in the very top of the structure) and this beeotch fits like a glove. Getting the old seat out was easy. Two screws in each of the floor brackets and three lag bolts from inside the bilge, the battery switch box unscrewed and fit through to under the seat and it lifted right out. Then..... the cleaning started. What a phucking mess!!

here are some photos if anyone is interested...
Attached Thumbnails Top Gun Cockpit Replacement Project-tgip-e.jpg   Top Gun Cockpit Replacement Project-tgip-g.jpg   Top Gun Cockpit Replacement Project-tgip-h.jpg  

Top Gun Cockpit Replacement Project-tgip-i.jpg   Top Gun Cockpit Replacement Project-tgip-j.jpg   Top Gun Cockpit Replacement Project-tgip-k.jpg  

Top Gun Cockpit Replacement Project-tgip-l.jpg   Top Gun Cockpit Replacement Project-tgip-q.jpg   Top Gun Cockpit Replacement Project-tgip-r.jpg  

Top Gun Cockpit Replacement Project-tgip-s.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.