Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
What is it about a cig? >

What is it about a cig?

Notices

What is it about a cig?

Old 08-04-2012, 05:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
I had. 32 Baja....now have a 35 cig.... I loved my Baja and I beat the fuk.out.it...but the cig destroys it in big water....fit and finish... the wiring.g alone speaks for itself... no comparison.....sorry.......space or ride quality...I will take the ride....
Your old 320 force is nothing like the 36 outlaw, I took 2 topguns out last year (94 and 98) both real nice clean boats (and both still for sale), I have to admit the engine compartment was done real nice but as for as fit and finish for the rest of the boat it's the same. I've never had any problems with either Baja I had. Built with same parts, hand laid fiberglass, bolsa core in bottom and sides,plexus bonding for hull to deck with threw screws, 502mpi, Gaffrig gauges, Mcleod electric seats,Kiekaefer controls, Vacuflush toilet, Custom paint in gel coat,snap in carpet, s.s rub rail,heavy duty pop up cleats, a/c and Ref which Cig doesn't have, both are actual size listed unlike fountain and formula.I know Cigarette has a great hull and that's why I origanally looked at them but 36 OL has more cockpit space , cabin is set up better and Cig designed the hull. Just Doesn't say Cig. I know alot of people like to trash Baja but thier build process is the same as the others, they just built more boats than all the others. Lower costs =sell more boats=best selling performance boat ever. Cig will always be #1 just like Harley but their are other options. Baja has a huge following.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:51 AM
Registered

Default 94 Top Gun

Originally Posted by outlawfun
Nice 94 Top Gun Just went up for sale in New Hampshire on Power boat listing if anyones looking
If it's Gordon's your talking about a forum member has already bought it.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by soggy bottom
If it's Gordon's your talking about a forum member has already bought it.
Nice. Were's he going to boat with it?
Old 08-04-2012, 06:13 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 46 Likes on 25 Posts

Nice. Were's he going to boat with it?
The boat is here in CT. He will be using it in Long Island Sound. The funny thing is the boat was sold new here from Ocean Performance. Now about the Baja stuff I had one 10 years ago and it was a great boat. No stress cracks no issues what so ever I loved that boat, but truth be told once I went for a ride in a Cigarette in rough water I had to have one. It is that simple the ride won me right over. The Baja has a much bigger cockpit and is probably a more user friendly boat, it is definitely better hangin out on it. But when it comes to the ride quality it is Cigarette hands down IMO.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by 4195
The boat is here in CT. He will be using it in Long Island Sound. The funny thing is the boat was sold new here from Ocean Performance. Now about the Baja stuff I had one 10 years ago and it was a great boat. No stress cracks no issues what so ever I loved that boat, but truth be told once I went for a ride in a Cigarette in rough water I had to have one. It is that simple the ride won me right over. The Baja has a much bigger cockpit and is probably a more user friendly boat, it is definitely better hangin out on it. But when it comes to the ride quality it is Cigarette hands down IMO.
I looked at your 35 last year as well when on the hunt for a bigger boat (nice paint job) but wasn't big enough. I suppose with a 42 tiger I would have no complaints about room but still don't get why they never had more cockpit space to hang around in.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 209 Likes on 133 Posts

Your old 320 force is nothing like the 36 outlaw, I took 2 topguns out last year (94 and 98) both real nice clean boats (and both still for sale), I have to admit the engine compartment was done real nice but as for as fit and finish for the rest of the boat it's the same. I've never had any problems with either Baja I had. Built with same parts, hand laid fiberglass, bolsa core in bottom and sides,plexus bonding for hull to deck with threw screws, 502mpi, Gaffrig gauges, Mcleod electric seats,Kiekaefer controls, Vacuflush toilet, Custom paint in gel coat,snap in carpet, s.s rub rail,heavy duty pop up cleats, a/c and Ref which Cig doesn't have, both are actual size listed unlike fountain and formula.I know Cigarette has a great hull and that's why I origanally looked at them but 36 OL has more cockpit space , cabin is set up better and Cig designed the hull. Just Doesn't say Cig. I know alot of people like to trash Baja but thier build process is the same as the others, they just built more boats than all the others. Lower costs =sell more boats=best selling performance boat ever. Cig will always be #1 just like Harley but their are other options. Baja has a huge following.
I am not trashing Baja at all... I have a few friends that worked there as I am local to where they were built.... both are great boats...but the Baja is not built as strong and yes has the space which I do miss but the ride is better I don't care whT...there is a reason figs cost 3x in more in most cases.... I did have old 320 yes... and that was one of the best and heaviest hills they made... ask Baja guys... and my cig docks it in big lake Erie slop.....I never said bajas were junk....
Old 08-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Registered

Talking Relax

Here we go bashin Baja. I have a 99 36 outlaw that was on lake ozark then on michigan all it's life with no stress cracks and a way better cabin and cock pit than a top gun. By the way the 36 outlaw was splashed from a Cig if you didn't know.
I've always liked the 38 top gun but not enough space.
Relax. Just messing win the outer limits guys. I do know the outlaw came out of the older cig molds.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Registered

Ok back on task. I would love for Baja owners to defend their boats but this is a forum about What is it about a Cigarette?!!! I don't know what goes on on the Baja thread but I'm sure it is just titillating conversation about how great they really are. Great!! Cigs is what I want to hear about !!!!!
Old 08-04-2012, 10:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 682gold
Ok back on task. I would love for Baja owners to defend their boats but this is a forum about What is it about a Cigarette?!!! I don't know what goes on on the Baja thread but I'm sure it is just titillating conversation about how great they really are. Great!! Cigs is what I want to hear about !!!!!
Agree. Nothing against Baja or Baja owners. I also like some of the Baja builds but this is a Cigarette discussion as to why folks like the Cigarette brand. Let's not compare, it does not help anyone out, especially Baja.