Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
2006 38 top gun on ebay!Buyers Beware it was sunk in saltwater >

2006 38 top gun on ebay!Buyers Beware it was sunk in saltwater

Notices

2006 38 top gun on ebay!Buyers Beware it was sunk in saltwater

Old 08-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

another thing is how well they repaired the boat after water intrusion . Just look at all the different race boat's that flip or sink , they strip them down , dry them out, re rig and there at the next couple of race's . those race boat don't stay in the water that long I guess that would also have a factor in it .
I think there's a website like "carfax" for boat's not sure the name , if you have the vin # and of course if they used insurance to cover the damage it should show up
Old 08-19-2012, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drpete3
x2
I think the guy driving was the last owner.. 3 owners before that. I was #2 owner.. it was (really) mint when i hade it.. looking at the pics. the cabin has a nice shade of brown.. it use to be bright white..I seen the pic before and it looked pretty rough, it did go all the way under.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 209 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by customryder
I think the guy driving was the last owner.. 3 owners before that. I was #2 owner.. it was (really) mint when i hade it.. looking at the pics. the cabin has a nice shade of brown.. it use to be bright white..I seen the pic before and it looked pretty rough, it did go all the way under.
What happened thar it went under?
Old 08-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Would a salvage title be on the boat?
Old 08-19-2012, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This boat did sink. I saw the listing on salvagedirect.com a couple of mths ago and was waiting for it to come up for a bid. I think there was a post on the cig forum that other ppl were waiting for it to come up for bid too?http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...o-t-s-gun.html

Anyway, the description then, was that it DID fully go under. At the time, motors were NOT pickled or started. So dont know when it actually sank and how long it was sitting. Really thats the missing info. I dont know why its always so hard to find the REAL story behind boats sinking??

I agree that a boat that sank is not a big deal (I bought one myself, the 2006 Active Thunder that sank), but its how long its been sitting like that while insurance settles. I for one, am finding out the hard way about re-doing a boat that sank...
The wiring is good on mine, transom and stringers good because theyre composite, but floor and engine bulkhead are ROTTEN. I dont think its from the sinking, but the sitting un-covered/un-draiined or whatever afterwards.
Not saying this cig has the same issues, just some food for thought from my own experience with a boat that sank...

Last edited by Rambocj7; 08-19-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Beautiful boat!

And it's going to be a beautiful boat being towing in... And it's going to be a beautiful boat setting at your mechanics.... And it's going to be ....

Seller will not disclose - No SALE!
Old 08-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Registered

I also would think it would have a salvage title on it?? Not positive, but once again, I think that's the way it was advertised on crashedtoys.com.

It did also have some other damage too at the time...am trying to rack brain remembering what!
Old 08-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if boat sank... ie( forgot drain plug..)

And boat,motors,wiring and interior replaced or repaired properly and completely , Would it matter?

just a question.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Registered

Another thread about the same boat:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...6-top-gun.html

Not sure if this will work, the cached web link where it was in May 2012....definitely stated water intrusion.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=ca

If you read my other post, you know what water intrusion can do!

Last edited by Rambocj7; 08-20-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CAFE
if boat sank... ie( forgot drain plug..)

And boat,motors,wiring and interior replaced or repaired properly and completely , Would it matter?

just a question.

Im with you on this one.... but then again it's like going out with a stripper, you knew she was a stripper when you met her. The boat looks outstanding and I'm sure you can get a few sea trials before buying

Last edited by joe27baja; 08-20-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.