Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
WOW! Awesome Café at yachtwold.... >

WOW! Awesome Café at yachtwold....

Notices

WOW! Awesome Café at yachtwold....

Old 01-28-2013, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 147 Likes on 60 Posts

Been watching that one too...awesome restoration for sure...just can't quite swallow the interior but unique none the less! Silver is awesome and classic!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:38 PM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cafe man
The point is - if you do it for you - it is worth any penny! Its a great hobby and you build a awesome eyeatcher. But the bad day will coming you want to sell.... Then you better delete your memories of any money you drop in...
Very very well put.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:03 PM
Registered

Oh what the hell....sent an inquiry bout it. Anyone know who did the resto on it? Says 72 mph with that power...I would have expected more then that?
Old 01-28-2013, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 304 Likes on 146 Posts

Who bought this one....

http://www.lipship.com/used_boats/view/44
Old 01-28-2013, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 302Sport
Nice boat, even if you had to repower it would still be a good deal
Old 01-29-2013, 05:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by HOSSMAN
Oh what the hell....sent an inquiry bout it. Anyone know who did the resto on it? Says 72 mph with that power...I would have expected more then that?
Café Racer are not lake racer !! Nearly every RIB with outboards is faster. Cafes are wave crasher !! And in realy big waves 72 is always enough )
Old 01-29-2013, 08:08 AM
Registered

Thanks Cafe Man... I forgot that the 36 Outlaw plug was taken from the old 35 Cig...and those are about the same performing.

Broker hit me back last night... this is what he said...

The refit/restoration was started in 2011 and finished in 2012.
Motors were rebuilt by a shop in Pompano Beach. The owner owns a yacht painting business and completed the cosmetics. Drives, batteries, controls and most of the mechanical/ electrical is new. This was all done professionally, not a home depot DIY job. The boat will cruise anywhere from 50-62 mph, top end 73-74 mph. He tuned & dyno'd the engines not to be maxed out. Hours are about 35-40. Interior is silver. Trailer is available.

Of course something of this age range would need a survey but was hoping that someone really went through the boat meaning not just cosmetics. As my mom used to say about that "Glamour Shots" place "A lil powder and a lil paint will make ya what you really ain't".

I'm not big on the motors...scare me a little from the "looks" of them, would have expected with all the details of the boat to have them cleaner looking...pullies etc. Looks like a really nice boat though, just wish FL was closer to TX to just go check it out.

Last edited by HOSSMAN; 01-29-2013 at 08:13 AM.