Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Nauti by Nature Cigarette 38 Top Gun Refresh!! >

Nauti by Nature Cigarette 38 Top Gun Refresh!!

Notices

Nauti by Nature Cigarette 38 Top Gun Refresh!!

Old 01-19-2014, 02:11 PM
mmb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The cover slips over the bow up to the bow stop. Below the bow stop has a zipper with a velcro flap.

Its made from sunbrella marine material, he has a soft material sewn onto the underside of the cover to protect the paint.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 479 Likes on 219 Posts

That's sweet. Does it break down into a mooring cover (windshield to the transom)?
Old 01-20-2014, 06:35 PM
mmb
Registered

No it does not break down to a cockpit cover... But the cockpit cover stays folded up and will last a lot longer now!
Old 10-16-2014, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mmb
Well that pretty much brings us up to today!!

Detailed the bilge, figured out what hoses need to be replaced etc.. Need to refinish the tops of my sea strainers too....

did you repaint that bilge or did it already look that good
Old 10-16-2014, 10:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mmb
I had a nice phone conversation with Tommy from Chief. He is standing behind his work 150% and he is taking care of everything.

He is a stand up guy!! Thank you for stepping in and helping out!
I'm not surprised to hear about his response as he is a great guy, out of curiosity what was the issue?
Old 10-16-2014, 10:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mmb
Some Pics from last nights session!! While we are waiting for the new Lifter Spray Bars to get machined and installed on the blocks. I am putting the heads together.

I took all the heads to Joe Irwin at Fast Forward. He wanted to check all the guide clearances even though Dart just installed new guides in the heads. Turns out Joe's hunch was right!! He thought the new guides would be a little tight for a 4000-5000rpm endurance Marine engine. Joe ended up Resizing all the guides in both sets of heads!! All I can say is they feel silky smooth now compared to what Dart had them at!! Awesome!!

Heads cleaned and all the valves installed with some lube in the guides

Double Checked my Spring Micrometer before setting up the heads! Springs will be installed at 1.900" Install Height

Setting up The springs heights with the correct amount of shims

Again

All the valves Set and ready to install seals & springs

Installing the screw on seals! I remove the spring and install it last. Otherwise it gets messed up when your screwing the seal on.

Springs on the seals installed. You can see the valve spring seats and shims pretty good in this pic too!

All the seals installed & ready for valve springs

Checking retainer to seal clearance on the exhaust. Cams are right at .650 lift so we are all good!

Retainer to Seal clearance on the intake.

Installing the springs with the spring compressor.

Spring compressed & ready for the valve locks

Springs Installed

I cant believe I missed this thread originally, its one of teh best. I really admire your knowledge and skill.
This post has me thinking because its not the first time I have heard about an OEM not producing at the high quality level required. Why not ship the heads to Bob Madera to machine and rebuild complete?

thanks
Old 10-16-2014, 11:28 AM
mmb
Registered

Originally Posted by stimleck
did you repaint that bilge or did it already look that good
It was repainted when Robert restored the boat back in 05-06. I just pressure wash it every now and again!
Old 10-16-2014, 11:33 AM
mmb
Registered

I cant believe I missed this thread originally, its one of teh best. I really admire your knowledge and skill.
This post has me thinking because its not the first time I have heard about an OEM not producing at the high quality level required. Why not ship the heads to Bob Madera to machine and rebuild complete?

thanks
Dart rebuilt the heads, at that time (Before Joe and Bob) the guy that had my parts wanted Dart to do the repairs.

I like to assemble my own stuff so I know it's right. If the heads ever need work again Joe From Fast Forward Race Engines will do all the machine work to the heads not Dart.... Joe had to resize the new guides that Dart installed anyways because they were to tight for Marine use.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:34 AM
mmb
Registered

I'm not surprised to hear about his response as he is a great guy, out of curiosity what was the issue?
Tommy and I have different opinions of what the problem was. But in the end he took care of it so it really doesn't matter!
Old 10-16-2014, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I sold that rig new. Platinum Series. 525 Hawks (420 Mercs with B&Ms) TRS. Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.