Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Nauti by Nature Cigarette 38 Top Gun Refresh!! >

Nauti by Nature Cigarette 38 Top Gun Refresh!!

Notices

Nauti by Nature Cigarette 38 Top Gun Refresh!!

Old 06-07-2016, 10:22 AM
mmb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude you need to take your ego somewhere else. I don't give a **** what you think about my boat the phucking thing goes 60 no with no tab, I had a bunch of people on board and instead of hopping it's like a bucking bull now with no tabs and props hooked up in flat water. So I am sorry I didn't get a pic of 60 just to please you. I lift the tabs for a second speed shot to 59-60 boat bucked like hell and put the tabs right back down.

The old 32 bravo props used to hold to 4500 getting on plane and ran 90@5000 last time. There are many people that witnessed that hell we had 6 people on board when I did it.... Now with the added power they are blowing out at 2800 and have no bite whatsoever.... 5000 rpm with the new engines was like 70.

I let off at 97 with the maximus 30P props at 5800. Sounds like it's a little faster than 93 to me. But I'm sorry you internet gurus always know whats better for someones boat 2000 miles away.

Don't you have your own boat to worry about??? I didn't give a care in the world about yours when I was getting mine back together... Actually I still don't give a damn about your boat lol

Last edited by mmb; 06-07-2016 at 11:21 AM. Reason: added type of 30p prop
Old 06-07-2016, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 479 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by mmb
Give him a ball park idea anyways. Please tell me you don't have to put new tanks in your boat....... WTF is that??
New tanks, I hope not, but anything is possible right?

Working through a process this week to clean out tanks. Should know more come Friday, seems like the process will work, who knows until we go back in with a camera. Seems to be dried up dirt (lots of it!), in the tank that is caked to the bottom and starting to flake off and run through he pickup tube into the first filter. Always something....

Also, Varnish / Gas is the clearish brown stuff on the filter. Nasty for sure.

Last edited by frickstyle; 06-07-2016 at 10:38 AM.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:36 AM
mmb
Registered

Originally Posted by kvogt
my math gets him between 97 and 99 mph. Depends on trim and how the slip changes with speed.

MMB does the boat carry better in the rough with the Maximus props.
I have only tested them in a flat water lake, we are trying to get a good cruise speed out of the boat now but with bravo diameter props it is hard to do. We have the largest diameter bravo maximus you can buy and that sent the cruise speed way up!! The 15 1/4 bravos never cruised very well on my boat. It has always suffered and you had to turn the snot out of it to get it there.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:50 AM
mmb
Registered

Originally Posted by frickstyle
New tanks, I hope not, but anything is possible right?

Working through a process this week to clean out tanks. Should know more come Friday, seems like the process will work, who knows until we go back in with a camera. Seems to be dried up dirt (lots of it!), in the tank that is caked to the bottom and starting to flake off and run through he pickup tube into the first filter. Always something....

Also, Varnish / Gas is the clearish brown stuff on the filter. Nasty for sure.
If it's dirt you should be able to get it cleaned! Just might take 4-5 times of flushing it out.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

MMB How deep are your drives? Extension boxes or no?
Old 06-07-2016, 11:16 AM
mmb
Registered

1 7/8" below
Old 06-07-2016, 09:08 PM
mmb
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I wish people would just put real numbers instead of all these ego driven inflated bull**** numbers. facebook is even worse. I`m here to learn and compare results, can`t do that when a guy says he`s doing 90mph 2 years ago and now according to your slip and pitch your top speed is 93mph but you gained 16 mph from a prop change and you cruise at 60mph when it`s actually 4-5 mph less... and your making so much power your props don`t cruise well.
Some of us know better.

Whatever.

Here you go... Took the boat out today in 84% humidity, ****ty rain off and on day and the engines were inhaling soup not air and it still put up the number. This was NO TAB and drives level so it wouldn't hop to bad. Just about have the carbs tuned backed in, (what I'm doing that on my own too? I must be phucking lying now) still a little lean at 4500rpm but the boat is a rocket ship now from 3500-4500!!

You would think with all your vast engine knowledge you wouldn't be struggling so bad to make a damn Cigarette go 80mph...... I mean hell factory engines make the same hp per cubic inch as you and come with 100,000 mile warranty.... But don't argue with you about making serious power. If my SUPERCHARGED **** made 900hp at 6500 I would throw it in the damn trash can - that is a joke right there.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

So wait, his 540ci engines, that are non intercooled, no cnc ported heads, a mild long life crane camshaft, 7.5:1 compression, made 880hp at 6000, and is a piece of trash??

Are we supposed to be impressed by your 925hp , cnc ported, custom cammed, intercooled, setup that lasted what 10 hours before meltdown and total rebuilds needed?

Ive been on his boat at 87mph. Bolt some wet sump #4s on your boat instead of those glorified TRS and see how much speed you lose. Im sure if he took those trash bin engines, put them in a lighter layup top gun, drives that rob a lot less hp, ran it in salt, you might have a fair comparison.

Those trash engines were not a ground up state of the art combo. They were in the boat when he bought it, and the parts are what they are, and still make good power, and actually stayed together for 4 summers, not 10 hours.

My little 468s made the same hp per ci at 5800, as your super awesome custom cammed engines. And they actually lasted more than 10 hours before melting down.

Youre really killing it over there. My buddy brians 90 top gun ran 87mph in fresh water with 800s and konrads turning stock 30p bravos. That was until his konrads exploded. Youre going a few mph faster in salt, with an extra what , 125hp per side? Awesome.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:55 PM
mmb
Registered

You're another no reading comprehension dishrag... Not even going to waste my time with all the innuendoes you just posted... Carry on with your awesome engines in your own thread.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by mmb
You're another no reading comprehension dishrag... Not even going to waste my time with all the innuendoes you just posted... Carry on with your awesome engines in your own thread.
Calm down chunk. Dont go slamming a half gallon of moose tracks and a box of ho ho's in an angry frenzy. It will be ok.

Lets get back to the stories of your new engines making so much power, your props slipped so bad you could only do 70 at 5000rpm with all that extra power

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.