Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Nauti by Nature Cigarette 38 Top Gun Refresh!! >

Nauti by Nature Cigarette 38 Top Gun Refresh!!

Notices

Nauti by Nature Cigarette 38 Top Gun Refresh!!

Old 03-03-2013, 07:07 PM
mmb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both 420 Blowers are rebuilt and re-polished!!

Old 03-03-2013, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 526 Likes on 313 Posts

Did you make those spray bars? They spray down on the cam? That hatch bracket was a good idea.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:44 PM
mmb
Registered

They are the KE Spray Bars. They have 16 pin holes in the bottom of the bar that sprays a constant stream of oil on each of the lifters rollers.

The Machine Shop is machining the bolt holes and taping into the oil galley for an oil feed. Pretty simple deal to install.

http://www.keitheickert.com/c-714-li...l-systems.aspx
Old 03-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 342 Posts

Mark great job on the blowers! What did you use to polish them? Wherdid you get the parts?
Old 03-03-2013, 10:47 PM
mmb
Registered

Originally Posted by lil red
Mark great job on the blowers! What did you use to polish them? Wherdid you get the parts?
Jamie, I used a 6 or 7" buffing pad that attaches to a drill. I bought it from ACE. Here is a picture. I dry sanded the blowers with 2000 grit sandpaper (Got it from Finish Master) then hit it 3 times with mothers and the buffer, On the third round it looked like a mirror!!

I bought all the blower parts from The Blower Shop. The bolts were custom ordered from ARP (Honestly they look like ARP Flywheel bolts with a little more thread 1/2 x 20... you could probably run a thread die down some flywheel bolts and save some $$).

The Star washers came from Dan Neumann, he gets $20 a washer for them.
http://www.danneumannracecars.com

Old 03-05-2013, 12:33 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 296 Likes on 103 Posts

your pm box is full

is there anything special you have to do when putting the new teflon strips in? I have a pair of BM 250's i was thinking of going through and that is the only thing i am un familiar with. I have all new bearings and seals, just need a few more things.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 03-05-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:06 PM
mmb
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
your pm box is full

is there anything special you have to do when putting the new teflon strips in? I have a pair of BM 250's i was thinking of going through and that is the only thing i am un familiar with. I have all new bearings and seals, just need a few more things.
Hey Dave, Pm is fixed!! My memebership was up yesterday! On the strips you have shave the teflon down. It's best to turn the rotor on a lathe while doing it. But

You can shave them by hand with a long file.... Measure how tall your teflon is now (in the rotor) that will be real close to the spec your going to use. your looking for .005" clearance with the case.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:23 PM
mmb
Registered

Went to the machine shop last night to get an update.....

My engines are at Fast Forward Marine/Race Engines and Joe Irwin there is awesome!!

Anyways I took the engines to Joe to double check Nortech's (Daryl Hameetman) machine work becasue I was not liking the readings I was getting with my gauges.... Joe had to machine the spray bar and clean the blocks anyways....

Long story short we have to take the blocks to the next bore size.... I love spending money twice!! Plus I need a new crank...

Hopefully the line hone job Daryl did is ok
Old 03-05-2013, 04:48 PM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glassdave
your pm box is full

Dave you might want to check out Fowler Race engines he's in ohio he rebuilds most of the top fuel guy blowers, he rebuilt a few for me hard anodized and teflon striped them when i was racing alky dragster he knows blowers.....
Old 03-16-2013, 12:04 PM
mmb
Registered

Got an update from the Joe Irwin at Fast Forward Marine/Race Engines today https://www.facebook.com/FastForwardRaceEngines

Machine work should be done at the end of the month!! We are on track to meet my end of April deadline!!

Budget is getting extremely tight though imagine that

Joe is going to tune the engines in the boat old school style! Dyno is not going to be in the budget.... I will gauge the HP by the mph in the boat; it ran a best ever 92mph with props spinning in. Props are spinning out now and best I have seen in flat lake water is 85 mph.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.