Question for you Cig owners...... >

Question for you Cig owners......

Notices

Question for you Cig owners......

Old 08-05-2002, 01:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for you Cig owners......

I'm working on setting myself up for a 35 or 38 Cig. Girlfriends tired of getting knocked around in ruff stuff.

My question is...... Is there a big ride difference in the 35 compared to the 38? I know you have already talked about speeds.I would like to go ahead and by the biggest baddest boy out there and not waste time with having to make another jump in length.

and NO!!! Unfortunately I don't have the finances for a Tiger!! I wish I did, but its just not happening.

My price range is in the 94 to 97 models. Of course we all want to buy as new as possible and buy as reasonable as possible. I'm interested in a 35 or 38 with 500's and a full cabin.

Any input from you Cig guys and gals would very much appreciated!!!!

Thanks,

Old 08-05-2002, 01:59 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Boats

As far as re-sale a 38" Will always get more $. As far as ride a non -stepped 38" is the way to go. The ones built in the 90's came in at 11,000lbs. They had a fantastic ride, better that the Cafe' or 35' playboy.
Old 08-05-2002, 02:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

ssmith76

Thanks for the input!!!

Keep it coming!!

Old 08-06-2002, 02:37 PM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

Always buy the Top Gun if you can afford it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Cafe and many (including myself) have owned one on the way to a TG. That being said - you will eventually end up with a TG so why not buy it now rather than later. The TG is a abtter boat for a few reason. Better handling, better resale,and better looks (my opinion). If you're going to buy something and sink money into upgrades (maybe a new dash, new gauges, etc.) - you are wasting your money doing all of that on a Cafe when you are likely to sell it in a few years and move into a TG. Buy the TG today and make the upgrades to that boat and you will own it for many years.
Old 08-06-2002, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Top Gun.......

I was going back and forth trying to decide that question myself two years ago......My previous boat was a Formula 292 SR-1.....I loved that boat but it just wasnt up to the rough stuff.....I was very interested in a particular Cafe but was talked into the Top Gun, the reasoning was that I would eventually end up in the Top Gun anyway...so why not save the money and make the step now..........well I gotta tell you.........I have never looked back......if you can swing it......I would go with the biggest boat you can afford if you use it more than a couple times a year......
Old 08-06-2002, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wise words from those who know! If you think yer gonna want a bigger baot someday and you've got the means...I highly recommend it...The TG is definitely a more popular boat and actually faster with the same power, but I chose my Cafe for other reasons...

One, I thought it was unique...and while I love the TG, you certainly see a hell of alot more of them than the Cafe. I wanted something that I wouldn't see 5 of when I tied up at Claudio's. Not knocking the TG...

Two, I actually spend a little time in my cabin and the Cafe has a little more headroom.

Three, they are definitely more inexpensive than the TG and a great way to get into a real Cigarette for not a whole lot of money. Price ranges from 49K to over 100K.

Lastly, the ride is every bit as good as a TG. My boat weighs approx 9500lbs and is certainly a wave crusher.

Good luck.
Old 08-21-2002, 12:48 AM
Registered

Sean. I was complimenting your points as I was reading them right up to the last one. Oooops. I have had both and few boats can beat the ride of a cafe in rough water but a top gun is clearly one. Size does matter. Anyone coming from a scarab, formula or fountain will love the rough water ride of either boat. so 29 scarab, just find one you like and go thrashing. NK
Old 08-23-2002, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NK...sorry for the "misinformation"...perhaps I'm a little biased...

I love the ride of my Cafe and without question, length improves the ride...so I do agree with you.
Old 08-23-2002, 09:12 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Your input brings up a few more questions.

What is the weight difference is the Cafe compared to the TG?
Same power non-stepped.

Also do they have enclosed heads?
What is the height in the cabins of both?

I have done a little research on both and I'm basically sold on TG.

I know weight plays a big part in ride. At one time I was hinging on an ActiveThunder 37AVH, but it just doesn't seems to have the weight. Also I'm not sure of later on down the road the resale value compared to the proven of a TG.

A little more input would be helpful from you guys!!

Thanks!!
Old 08-30-2002, 11:00 PM
Registered

You need to go with a 38 Top Gun. It is the most popular model next to the Tiger. It is very versitile and it can run in flat or bumpy water and your girlfriend will be fine. C Barrie
954/832-0074