Manhattan Express >

Manhattan Express

Notices

Manhattan Express

Old 12-10-2013, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manhattan Express

Never really have heard much about this boat. Was in a article once with another Excalibur called London Express. Manhattan was a 38 Cigarette with Arneson's,and was a APBA Pace boat at one time, Anybody know where it is?
Old 12-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

this boat from the movie the Protectors , always wondered if they really blew it up
Attached Thumbnails Manhattan Express-dsc03597.jpg  
Old 12-17-2013, 08:23 AM
Registered

That's definatly it................Can't believe anyone doesn't know anything about it.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:53 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by tom rockstroh
Never really have heard much about this boat. Was in a article once with another Excalibur called London Express. Manhattan was a 38 Cigarette with Arneson's,and was a APBA Pace boat at one time, Anybody know where it is?
Hi Tom - I'm pretty sure the Manhattan Express Cigarette was the cover boat of one of the boating magazines (Maybe Motor Boat and Sailing?) and there was a feature article on the boat. I may still have the article. When I used to stay at Turnberry Isle in the '80's and 90's there was a Manhattan Express cat there on a hydrohoist, It had the same paint scheme and colors, so I suspect it was the same owner.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598

Last edited by O.C.Barry; 12-18-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:03 PM
Registered

Owned by Jim Glickenhaus, race car manufacturer/team principal and Ferrari collector. See here:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/mot...#post142888731
Old 01-29-2014, 09:32 PM
Registered

Hi

I'm Jim Glickenhaus and I have owned Manhattan Express for many years. I bought her from Nichols Yacht Yard who commissioned her and she was a Race Pace boat. She also appeared in a movie I wrote and Directed "The Protector" and the one we blew up was a full scale prop model. She's a great boat. Big Block rebuilt engines that were originally Hawk's with sm 3 Merc drives.
I restored her years ago. I also used her in another movie I wrote and directed "McBain". She is serial # 1 Cigarette 38 and her hull is Kevlar reenforced and quite sound. I use her in the Long Island Sound and still drive her around Manhattan.

Best

Jim

p45c.com
Old 02-01-2014, 11:15 AM
Registered

Hi Jim, Thanks for the information on your boat. I was thinking that it had Arneson Drives on it when it was new or converted later. I know there were several articles written about her. I had an 84 flatdeck 38 and now have a Top Gun and think 38 Cigarettes are a blast even if they aren't the fastest around. Any chance for a picture? Thanks Tom.R
Old 02-01-2014, 11:46 AM
Registered

Hi

I'll snap one this spring when she goes back in.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:46 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Napolis
Hi

I'm Jim Glickenhaus and I have owned Manhattan Express for many years. I bought her from Nichols Yacht Yard who commissioned her and she was a Race Pace boat. She also appeared in a movie I wrote and Directed "The Protector" and the one we blew up was a full scale prop model. She's a great boat. Big Block rebuilt engines that were originally Hawk's with sm 3 Merc drives.
I restored her years ago. I also used her in another movie I wrote and directed "McBain". She is serial # 1 Cigarette 38 and her hull is Kevlar reenforced and quite sound. I use her in the Long Island Sound and still drive her around Manhattan.

Best

Jim

p45c.com
Hi Jim - What year is the boat?

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 02-02-2014, 08:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Napolis
Hi

I'll snap one this spring when she goes back in.
While you have the camera in hand, a couple of pics of that original GT40 MarkIV, would be pleasing to they eye.

Thanks Dean

Last edited by soggy bottom; 02-02-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.