Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Sooooo I bought this Cafe Racer.... Take a look.... >

Sooooo I bought this Cafe Racer.... Take a look....

Notices

Sooooo I bought this Cafe Racer.... Take a look....

Old 01-23-2014, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sooooo I bought this Cafe Racer.... Take a look....

Well here it is my 1st Café Racer, I have rescued here form her abusive parents, I do not understand how people abuse there babies so much....I will nurse her back to health though I promise and treat her really nice.....

I know everyone on this site knows this boat very well. I have attached a couple pics, but the pics just do not show what happens to a boat when it is neglected for only 2-3 years. I wish I would have taken just a pic of the cover I threw right in the trash when it got here, wow had like 1/2" of mold on the inside from being stored outside covered up tight.

Pics should explain condition now, such a shame. The Cabin has survived very well nice and clean.

What I am doing is,
All new interior, starting to pull out today, changing color a bit.
Having top deck of boat completely wet sanded to bring back the shine, sides are fine.
Installing the updated tear drop vents in engine hatch.
I am getting rid of the green color and replacing with a darker grey.
I am keeping Hockey stick paint job,I am old school and do like that look, but will be repainting black as it is a little beat up, and replacing green with the darker grey.

Engines: have 84 hours now, really do not need much just went thru them to make sure they are O.K., serviced drives all good.
I am updating fuel cooler pumps with the newer ones.
replacing trim indicators there are frozen pretty good.

I store my boats inside during off seasons I just cannot understand why someone spends this kind of money and does not take proper care.

Now the big decision. Do I sell my all original 1979 28SS or keep?? [ATTACH=CONFIG]517032[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]517033[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]517034[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]517035[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]517036[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]517037[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Sooooo I bought this Cafe Racer.... Take a look....-img_3456.jpg   Sooooo I bought this Cafe Racer.... Take a look....-img_3435.jpg   Sooooo I bought this Cafe Racer.... Take a look....-img_3436.jpg  

Sooooo I bought this Cafe Racer.... Take a look....-img_3437.jpg   Sooooo I bought this Cafe Racer.... Take a look....-img_3458.jpg   Sooooo I bought this Cafe Racer.... Take a look....-img_3455.jpg  

Old 01-23-2014, 02:01 PM
Registered

Congrats man. Looks like a good project... Look forward to seeing her dressed up.

For the life of me I don't understand the neglect part either. Mine was super SUPER dirty when I bought it. Thankful I didn't have to replace the entire interior. All it takes is a little TLC but some people just don't want to fool with it.

BTW I really like that trailer.

Last edited by CraneHillFast; 01-23-2014 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 174 Likes on 93 Posts

Congratulations!.............but unlike most, I know nothing about this boat......was it up for sale a long time?
Old 01-23-2014, 02:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by scippy
Congratulations!.............but unlike most, I know nothing about this boat......was it up for sale a long time?

Thank you, I am pretty excited, if you search member name Sean there is quit a bit of info about this Café, he is the one who updated the dash and engines, he bought this boat quit some time ago in excellent shape, he sold it in excellent shape,
I already have almost all interior out goes in tomorrow to get started 3 weeks heads to fiberglass guy.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CraneHillFast
Congrats man. Looks like a good project... Look forward to seeing her dressed up.

For the life of me I don't understand the neglect part either. Mine was super SUPER dirty when I bought it. Thankful I didn't have to replace the entire interior. All it takes is a little TLC but some people just don't want to fool with it.

BTW I really like that trailer.
Thanks!! I have never towed with a goose neck everyone tells me I am going to love it I will find out in a few weeks.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:55 PM
Registered

Keep the 28....
Old 01-23-2014, 03:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Shalom
Keep the 28....
I kind of feel the same way, the 28 is a lot of fun and all original.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 3,307 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Dam, don't let Sean see that (it's his old boat)...But I'm sure he'll be happy it went to a good home that will bring it back to life. The guy that had it out here in Cali didn't care for it very well. Nice to see the work you're doing. Great ride with a recent(ish) upgrade in power.

Enjoy!!
Old 01-23-2014, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Dam, don't let Sean see that (it's his old boat)...But I'm sure he'll be happy it went to a good home that will bring it back to life. The guy that had it out here in Cali didn't care for it very well. Nice to see the work you're doing. Great ride with a recent(ish) upgrade in power.

Enjoy!!
Damn, you're right! I do not even recognize it!
Old 01-23-2014, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...tml?highlight=

I know way too much about this boat. I showed those pictures to my wife, I'm pretty sure she would've killed me.
They don't see the diamond in the rough. Just the diamond!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.