Hooters for lunch, engine test >

Hooters for lunch, engine test

Notices

Hooters for lunch, engine test

Old 03-10-2014, 05:07 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Marc, I wish, but don't think so, the boats are heavy 14000 to 15000 pounds dependent of fuel load. That a lot to push fast. Ours need 3 foot waves just to run good with a little less wetted surface. The Lock and Load boat (One of the 5 staggered boats) was laid up very heavy to race in Europe in Rough Water. L&L carries 200 gallons in the rear saddle tanks, and 120 in the belly tanks. When installing the GPS antenna, the deck was 2 3/4" thick. Had to get long thru hulls as the sides were 1 1/2" thick. The long tail pipes and extension boxes add to the weight. And then there are the "Barn Door" size K planes with double rams. I think it might see 95 Mph, and will see next time we get enough bump to try it. I'm not picking on the boat as I know it will haul the mail in rough water. Which we seem to find each year from Marathon to Key West.

Sarasota this past weekend,
Attached Thumbnails Hooters for lunch, engine test-image.jpg   Hooters for lunch, engine test-image.jpg   Hooters for lunch, engine test-image.jpg  

Hooters for lunch, engine test-image.jpg  
Old 03-10-2014, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 4,567 Likes on 1,315 Posts

Am I correct to assume the saddle tanks in the bilge fit because its a stagger? Any Cigs. with side by side and tanks in the bilge?
Old 03-10-2014, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

ICDEDPPL , I believe the saddle tank set up applies only to a staggered boat for two main reasons . First there is not enough space for saddle tanks in a side by side set up to fit a tank of any meaninful capacity. Secondly in a staggered boat the belly tank is significantly smaller as the forwad engine placement eats into the area a standard size belly tank would occupy and the saddle tanks then replace the lost fuel capacity as a result of the smaller belly tank.
RG.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=Rick G;4087218]ICDEDPPL , I believe the saddle tank set up applies only to a staggered boat for two main reasons . First there is not enough space for saddle tanks in a side by side set up to fit a tank of any meaninful capacity. Secondly in a staggered boat the belly tank is significantly smaller as the forwad engine placement eats into the area a standard size belly tank would occupy and the saddle tanks then replace the lost fuel capacity as a result of the smaller belly tank.
RG.[/QUOTE
You are correct.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had to work this past weekend. Playing catchup after spending 3 weeks up in Carolina taking care of some family issues. Looks like the group had fun this past weekend. Got a few things to do to Ruckus before I go anywhere. Nothing major, just a little maintenance. Will be out soon!