To Broker Or Not To Broker..?? >

To Broker Or Not To Broker..??

Notices

To Broker Or Not To Broker..??

Old 04-29-2014, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts
Default To Broker Or Not To Broker..??

For those who have sold their cigarettes have you listed it your self or listed it through a broker?? Listed My Top Gun personally and wondering if a broker will move it any faster. Is it worth the percentage that they charge? just looking for some opinions. T.I.A.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not selling a Cig, but am listed with Pop Yachts. I haven't received one call from them and thinking about cancelling. The hard part with them is that they up the asking price by 10% to get their cut so that you still get what you want for your boat. The bad part is that on the sites you advertise personally, the asking prices are different by 10%. So far, haven't been impressed with the e broker. Maybe an actual broker will market the boat better.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:11 AM
Registered

No Cig experience here. Pier 57 sold my Profile for me. They were great to work with and handle all the little things. Such as annoying phone calls by tire kickers and low ballers. One good thing about Pier 57 is that they will take a trade in on a brokered boat, most places will not do that. Money wise I think they will get more for your boat and sell it faster than you could. Probably still get less money in your pocket than an outright sale(no broker).
Old 04-30-2014, 06:17 AM
Registered

Received 334 Likes on 131 Posts

Performance Boat Center is selling boats! I have picked up (Transported) a number of Cigarettes for them in the last couple of month's and ALL have been sold. Being able to offer Service, Financing, and Marketing goes a long way. Yes they charge a fee to sell it, but that is their job... Having the "connections" for people looking for a specific boat is also to your benefit. And.... They are also the ones dealing with the "flakes" not wasting your time with every call and wannabe that cannot afford the item.

Selling your boat yourself may save a few dollars in commission, but what is it costing you?
Old 04-30-2014, 06:50 AM
Registered

I used a broker (Marc Jacob) to sell my last two Cigarettes. Both deals went very smooth and I would use him again.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:22 AM
Registered

I used PBC in LOTO to sell my 35 TG. I think you will find borkers are able to fetch a higher price than you would on your own due to their ability to take trades and that the buyer has less anxiety knowing they have gone through the boat mechanically (at least in the case of PBC). This basically offset their commission which was reasonable to begin with.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaholic
Performance Boat Center is selling boats! I have picked up (Transported) a number of Cigarettes for them in the last couple of month's and ALL have been sold. Being able to offer Service, Financing, and Marketing goes a long way. Yes they charge a fee to sell it, but that is their job... Having the "connections" for people looking for a specific boat is also to your benefit. And.... They are also the ones dealing with the "flakes" not wasting your time with every call and wannabe that cannot afford the item.

Selling your boat yourself may save a few dollars in commission, but what is it costing you?
Not to steer away about they do their own in house financing ?
Old 04-30-2014, 11:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Premier Perf
Not to steer away about they do their own in house financing ?
No, I use a boat dealer here at the lake for local customers and a nationwide lender for out of state customers that the local place won't deal with.
Glenn
Performance Boat Center
Old 04-30-2014, 02:25 PM
mmb
Registered

If a broker puts your boat for sale at their brokerage dealership and can show people the boat anytime, then yes it is probably worth it. If a broker lists it for sale on the internet and sends people to your house to see it.... I would say no, you can do that yourself.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mmb
If a broker puts your boat for sale at their brokerage dealership and can show people the boat anytime, then yes it is probably worth it. If a broker lists it for sale on the internet and sends people to your house to see it.... I would say no, you can do that yourself.
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.